• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Experimenting with appendix carry

Nope, although that would do it.
Ah well Ill be taking that trip later this year. Can you post a pic of what holster is most comfortable to you on long trips. I carry P229 and usually carry at 3 in a OWB leather holster. A shirt one size to big covers it pretty well. I dont have much trouble on long trips but I tend to notice it maybe once every 40 minutes.

Ah well Ill be taking that trip later this year. Can you post a pic of what holster is most comfortable to you on long trips. I carry P229 and usually carry at 3 in a OWB leather holster. A shirt one size to big covers it pretty well. I dont have much trouble on long trips but I tend to notice it maybe once every 40 minutes.

I use a Blackpoint Tactical Leather WING with no cant. https://blackpointtactical.com/shop/leather-wing/

D91928CD-5D13-415E-9AAC-651D602C9AFA.jpeg
So my latest aiwb holster I am trying out is the associate v2 by last line of defense. I like that it has a very minimal footprint when compared to the other holsters with mag caddy. Very low profile design with attention to detail. 2 things that separates it from the competition is the integrated claw and single clip. The integrated claw is less obstructive then the others that have hardware hanging off the holster. It’s less noticeable when wearing the holster. By that, I mean does not dig into you like others and less “stuff” on your waistline. More comfortable basically. The single clip was what I thought would be it’s weak point. A weeble wobble insecure fit. Nope. Not at all. The clip is a 1.5 size and on a 1.5 belt it locks in place with its reverse tooth design and draw is consistent. Even running, jumping, rolling, etc. the 1 clip instead of 2 is more comfortable, less pressing in on you and less rigid but still secure enough for day to day activities.

Pics below to compare the size difference with the others I have . Holsters are lined up above each other at the “claw”. So you can see it’s less kydex material shoved down your pants

ECD26457-64CC-4646-94AB-A0754681929E.jpeg

Above is the TXc ally underneath the associate v2

D0EAFC57-CC63-42D0-B5EF-EF32EDED1822.jpeg

Above it is compared to the tier 1 axis slim

A552F1A6-538C-41D4-9C0D-9CAE5157E175.jpeg

Above it is compared to the tier1 agis

As you can see, significantly smaller in footprint. It also conceals the mag better than the others when you are twisting and turning and moving about. Here it is below with a 24 round OEM glock mag in the caddy with an intentionally very thin form fitting fabric shirt to show conceal-ability. I am intentionally twisting out to try and make mag print... other aiwb rigs and that size mag looks like it’s jumping out of your belly even standing straight on. Again a very thin shirt and trying to make it print

84FD2EC5-588A-45C5-B727-325BF40B1826.jpeg

BAB8A52C-096E-410C-A489-D91A359968CD.jpeg

I like that both the gun and Mag have a positive click retention that’s adjustable. The Txc and tier1 mags caddy just kinda has mag slide in but not a positive click which I prefer.

The associate v2 also has the right amount of bend and again, with the one clip instead of two, molds nicely to your frame.

8BEFABD9-78B8-491D-A70B-6A312C144A07.jpeg

Just wanted to share some pics on my newest rig. I will wear it and continue to compare it to the others. So far, I am impressed.

Attachments

• 2767C4BD-8EE9-41D4-8535-172D5AC7F439.jpeg
    2767C4BD-8EE9-41D4-8535-172D5AC7F439.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 14
View attachment 2149207

Here they are lined up for overall design and look
You are literally in search of the world's finest AIWB holster. I like it. I feel like I'm always doing this with LPVO's. Keep it up, saves me time and money.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom