• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Expired Ga weapon carry permit.

I just got on The Hall County web site. They actually did a pretty good job explaining it. If I'm less than 30 days into it being expired it's just like a renewal.
My fees will be less than 1/2 over a new application fee.

MGonza, why do you say that?
Did you even READ his post where he said that the County says if it only expired less than 30 days ago, it's treated like a renewal?
Did you read Steve and Bagman and Radar's posts?

That's not just a county policy. It does not change at a whim of the Probate Court. It's the law, found in O.C.G.A. 16-11-129.

MGonza, why do you say that?
Did you even READ his post where he said that the County says if it only expired less than 30 days ago, it's treated like a renewal?

That's not just a county policy. It does not change at a whim of the Probate Court. It's the law, found in O.C.G.A. 16-11-129.

So you're saying that every county is required by Ga law to handle the issuance GWL the same way?

I've had mine renewed several times in the same county and each time it's been different. Fees/loops/fingerprints/background checks/etc.
The deputies act as if you are an inconvenience. I guess that all fine until you have to come to their rescue, or not.
You must have the exact change $19.50, I guess they aren't qualified to make change at the sheriff's office.

"The Sheriff of each county" has nothing to do with carry permits. Probate Judges are in charge of the process which is pretty much standardized now, though
some counties are slower than others in processing.

The sheriff has to approve each GWL that is applied for in his county, unless that law has also changed recently.
We have to go to the courthouse and get the paperwork, then go to the sheriff's office and get fingerprinted, then go back to the courthouse and get your picture taken, then go back to the courthouse in a few weeks and pick up the GWL.

Our probate judge is a useless ignorant ugly vagina.

The Sheriff doesn't approve your GWCL. It's approved by the Probate Judge in your county.

If the sheriff says you don't get a GWL, then you ain't getting a GWL.

Do you really think the Probate Judge does your background check? lol

The Probate Judge just signs off on whatever is approved by the sheriff.

Back
Top Bottom