• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Expired Ga weapon carry permit.

The sheriff's office does the BG check, but unless they are willing to perjure themselves making up phony felonies, they can't stop the probate judge from issuing a license, as they are required to by law.

The sheriff's office does the BG check, but unless they are willing to perjure themselves making up phony felonies, they can't stop the probate judge from issuing a license, as they are required to by law.

Do you really think the Probate Judge is going to inquire about your GWL?
They could care less whether or not you ever get a permit.

The GBI does the background check. Sends the info to the probate judge and he or she issues you a GWCL or denies you a GWCL based on that info.

At least that's how it works in my county. The sheriff doesn't even get involved.

I just looked at my carry permit and noticed it expired 5-6-17. Has any one else done this and am I going to have to reapply and wait the 30-45 days to get a replacement?

Indiana has available a " Life Time License To Carry !"
I like that, but it is still a ****** shame you have to get " permission " to exercise your Second Amendment RIGHT !

The GBI does the background check. Sends the info to the probate judge and he or she issues you a GWCL or denies you a GWCL based on that info.

At least that's how it works in my county. The sheriff doesn't even get involved.

Does the GBI also fingerprint you, or does the Probate Judge handle that?

Back
Top Bottom