• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Expired Ga weapon carry permit.

There is a difference. It is called $$$$$$$ . Renewal is $30. I like this.

MON – THURS 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
FRIDAY 8:00 am – 12:00 pm

WEAPONS CARRY PERMIT FEE IS $78.50

WEAPONS CARRY PERMIT RENEWAL FEE IS $30.00***
cash, money order, credit/debit card (with fee) only,
payable to Probate Court of Bibb County

http://www.maconbibb.us/probate-court-weapons-carry-permit/

UPDATE:
Went by Hall County courthouse. Filled out some forms, paid them $50 for the renewal fee and was out in 15 minutes with my old license and proof of filing for my renewal. My license will be mailed to me in 2-3 weeks.

UPDATE:
Went by Hall County courthouse. Filled out some forms, paid them $50 for the renewal fee and was out in 15 minutes with my old license and proof of filing for my renewal. My license will be mailed to me in 2-3 weeks.
But But But... many here tried to dispute that it was extra difficult to do.
LOL it's just a renewal now and you don't have to fingerprint or go to the SO anymore.

IMG_20170522_170611.jpg
Sometimes the like button just doesn't do justice.... We need an "amen brother" like button!!! Lol.

Two things seem to be contributing to all the different answers in this thread. (1) There are slight differences from county to county, (2) Some replies are based on how it was at different times. There have been many procedural changes over the years.

I went to renew mine in Harris County today. Filled out three sheets of "I'm really a good guy with no drug problems, head problems, or felonies" paperwork. Paid the lady $36.50 with a credit card (35 for renewal plus 1.50 service fee for credit card). She took a new picture with digital camera. No fingerprinting required for renewal license. Harris County will not mail the new license to you. I will have to go back and personally sign for it. She told me it would be ready in 3-6 weeks. They told me the same thing in 2012; and it only took 5 days.

Edit: There is a 120 day period when it is considered a renewal. Ninety days before expiration date and thirty days after expiration date. My old license is still valid until July 27th so they let me keep it without having to buy a temporary license. If your license expires before the new one arrives, the cost of a temp is $1.00.

Back
Top Bottom