• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Extremely Restrictive Gun Bill Introduced In Oregon

Hey. This ain't goin nowhares. We gots a republican Senate and Trump's president. Thar ain't gonna be no new gun control fer at lease 8 years. I'm even thankin of dropping my NRA dues an using that munny fer ammo.:der:
This is a bill to introduce state laws in Oregon.

A lot of these state bills are obviously used as test markets for national laws. Not for effectiveness, since none obviously do that, but for passage and enforcement/administration. Anything a state does in regards to an infringement on Constitutionally protected rights invariably winds it's way in some flavor into Congress. I could see the vast majority, if not all 9 of those items becoming federal law in the too near future.

A lot of these state bills are obviously used as test markets for national laws. Not for effectiveness, since none obviously do that, but for passage and enforcement/administration. Anything a state does in regards to an infringement on Constitutionally protected rights invariably winds it's way in some flavor into Congress. I could see the vast majority, if not all 9 of those items becoming federal law in the too near future.
They all seem like perfectly reasonable, common sense gun safety measures to me.

They all seem like perfectly reasonable, common sense gun safety measures to me.
Exactly. Unless of course you hate the children....
We all ignore stuff in other states because it "doesn't affect me", but states aren't just "50 different innovation labs of efficiency" , some of them create cancers.

Back
Top Bottom