• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Eye Protection? Pffft, who needs it.

****! Could have been much worse!!! I'll be the first to admit, unless it's sunny and i have on my sunglasses, I usually don't have eye protection on. This is a good reminder for us all. Glad you're ok man!!

****! Could have been much worse!!! I'll be the first to admit, unless it's sunny and i have on my sunglasses, I usually don't have eye protection on. This is a good reminder for us all. Glad you're ok man!!

If you watch the video the blast came straight back into my face. Every red spot you see here is a cut that was bleeding.

i96.photobucket.com_albums_l172_snickelson1_20170129_191158_zpsma80jm0q.jpg

The case on the left is the detonated case. The one on the right was the next round in the mag. It was completely flipped around backwards in the magazine. The 10 round chip McCormick mag was destroyed.

i96.photobucket.com_albums_l172_snickelson1_5ec291890b301776608cfe4fc589e4b3_zpsp8zflcij.jpg

Glad you are ok. What do you think caused it?

Bad reload. I found several after the fact that wouldn't seat fully in the chamber. Could have been an overcharge, or just simple case head separation from bad/old brass.

The box of ammo had been sitting on my dresser for over a year. Honestly I don't even know where they came from.

Back
Top Bottom