• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

F150 Evap Canister Vent Valve Replacement Cost

P0446 is a set code for Vent Control Circuit Malfunction. With is being at a shop they should be able to test the Valve directly with their scanner. My scanner does bidirectional controls which means I can manually open and close that valve. If the valve failed to respond you can test it with direct power to see if it opens and closes. If no response replace the valve. If the valve responds with direct power you have a wiring issue that needs to be resolved. A quick search on Youtube has shown me that there is an issue with broken wires on that generation F150.

This was 5 minutes of research... shop is ripping you off

P0446 is a set code for Vent Control Circuit Malfunction. With is being at a shop they should be able to test the Valve directly with their scanner. My scanner does bidirectional controls which means I can manually open and close that valve. If the valve failed to respond you can test it with direct power to see if it opens and closes. If no response replace the valve. If the valve responds with direct power you have a wiring issue that needs to be resolved. A quick search on Youtube has shown me that there is an issue with broken wires on that generation F150.

This was 5 minutes of research... shop is ripping you off
They have determined that the vent valve is faulty and needs to be replaced. I’ve seen the videos with the bad wiring. I lack the equipment to perform those valve tests so I figured I would let the shop diagnose (and fix if reasonable) then I would replace the part. Had I known it was gonna cost me $200 just to diagnose, I would have just replaced both the purge valve and vent valve/solenoid.

Is it hard to fill up your truck with gas,,like real slow and keeps shutting off.
Just had mind replaced and had to drop the tank and blow out all the vent lines. The canister breaks open inside the housing and all the charcoal clogged the vent lines,, think I paid around 600

Thanks for that, I’m finding the same stuff as well. I was hoping someone here has actually performed this repair. I can’t wrap my head around paying almost $1000 bucks to replace a valve on. A canister that’s easily accessed...I must be missing something.

Mind was on a Tahoe 2006

Is it hard to fill up your truck with gas,,like real slow and keeps shutting off.
Just had mind replaced and had to drop the tank and blow out all the vent lines. The canister breaks open inside the housing and all the charcoal clogged the vent lines,, think I paid around 600
They said only the vent valve needs to be replaced, nothing about the canister itself.

Back
Top Bottom