• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

f150 vs f250 or f150 diesel

JDG.

Default rank 5000+ posts
Silent Professional
165   0
Reaction score
Well the wife hates my car (I love it) She said I could trade it in on a new truck and Im debating on what to do. Before my care I had a 2015 ram 1500 ecodiesel, but really wanted a sport version 2500 diesel.

Im looking at fords again and not sure about the newer fords. Are the new f150's the same size inside as the f250? I have 2 kids and a 80 lb dog that goes on road trips 1-2 times a month so it will be a crew. Comfort and road noise is very important to me as well.

Lastly does anyone have intel on the 2018 3.0 powerstroke? I think a 150 sport with the 3.0 might be perfect but theres so little info out there on it.

the 250 interior is bigger. and i believe you can still get the captains chairs in them which are stupid comfortable. but unless you tow something big i would just stick with the 150 though and get a 4 door. better mileage lol. ive got a 05 4 door and love it. plenty of room. its quite a price jump though from the extended cab to 4 door, but worth it imo.

and if they do put a diesel in a 150 that will be the truck im buying when i finish up school and get a decent paying job lol. havent heard anything though, but then again i havent really been looking either lol.

the 250 interior is bigger. and i believe you can still get the captains chairs in them which are stupid comfortable. but unless you tow something big i would just stick with the 150 though and get a 4 door. better mileage lol. ive got a 05 4 door and love it. plenty of room. its quite a price jump though from the extended cab to 4 door, but worth it imo.

and if they do put a diesel in a 150 that will be the truck im buying when i finish up school and get a decent paying job lol. havent heard anything though, but then again i havent really been looking either lol.
Ive had a bunch of 250's and loved them. I figured I would feel the same way with the newer gen. I however do not need the engine capacity, this one is purely a want as I love driving a diesel over a gas vehicle. There is no question a 4 door is the only option with the family on board.

Problem with the 2018, dealer says it will be almost a year before it comes in.

maxresdefault.jpg

I get 20 mpg out my diesel f250. I get 15 out of my gas f150.

yeah, thats around what I used to get out of mine as well. I just love the way the diesel drives over the gas engines.Is your 250 noticeably larger inside?

My 250 is a 2011 and my 150 (actually my 16 year old sons) is a 2002. The back seat is very large on both. My 250 seems a bit larger, but I don't think it actually is much.

That said, I have no interest in owning a gasoline half ton truck. We have this one for my boy but I don't see myself ever buying one for myself again.

My 250 is a 2011 and my 150 (actually my 16 year old sons) is a 2002. The back seat is very large on both. My 250 seems a bit larger, but I don't think it actually is much.

That said, I have no interest in owning a gasoline half ton truck. We have this one for my boy but I don't see myself ever buying one for myself again.
Me either on the gas front. I located a new 16 250 platinum for a substantial discount that is calling my name. just need to see if they try to rake me over the coals for my car. I would hope not as we are buying the wife a escape from the same dealership currently.

the 2017's are very nice but the discount on the 16 would allow me to get a higher trim and still be new.

Me either on the gas front. I located a new 16 250 platinum for a substantial discount that is calling my name. just need to see if they try to rake me over the coals for my car. I would hope not as we are buying the wife a escape from the same dealership currently.

the 2017's are very nice but the discount on the 16 would allow me to get a higher trim and still be new.

That's funny. I just traded in my wife's escape SE on an escape titanium too. I bought a 2011 King Ranch that one of the doctors at my wife's hospital had just traded in on a 2017 King Ranch.

It's 6 years old but looks brand new and is loaded to the gills. Airbags, tonneau cover, rear DVD, etc. I just couldn't see 80 grand for a new one.

That's funny. I just traded in my wife's escape SE on an escape titanium too. I bought a 2011 King Ranch that one of the doctors at my wife's hospital had just traded in on a 2017 King Ranch.

It's 6 years old but looks brand new and is loaded to the gills. Airbags, tonneau cover, rear DVD, etc. I just couldn't see 80 grand for a new one.
Ha yeah we ordered her a 2017 titanium awd. Apparently here in the south, we dont need awd because they are hard to come by. I was looking at 2017's, but the 2016 platnium saves a ton of money that it doesnt make sense to go to the 2017. we shall see. Truck prices are sure out of control though and used prices arent much better.

Back
Top Bottom