• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

F35 B Carrier Suitability Testing

Well, at least it can do SOMETHING...

What a program. The fact that it can even fly is a miracle in itself.

I'm usually pro-new military stuff, but this program should never have been started.

My destroyer spent many a hour on life boat duty behind carriers, the pilot was always the main priority......
but with cost of these they might have to put a crane on the bow to retrieve crash.

A video made by the people selling the planes . My friend on the USS America says they went out with 6 F-35's last year and at the end of 4 weeks had 1 left that was operational . 3 had failures and had to be flown to shore for repairs in the first 10 days including 1 with catastrophic hydraulic failure that littered the ship with expensive parts

A video made by the people selling the planes . My friend on the USS America says they went out with 6 F-35's last year and at the end of 4 weeks had 1 left that was operational . 3 had failures and had to be flown to shore for repairs in the first 10 days including 1 with catastrophic hydraulic failure that littered the ship with expensive parts

:wacko:

:doh:

Before my son left the AF in 2012 they were trying to phase out the F-16's and replace them with the F-35. He said it was nothing but a gigantic cluster ****, they couldn't even get more than 5 or 6 flight hours without multiple systems breaking down. Just one more of the many reasons he's glad he got out.

Back
Top Bottom