• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SouthernSlammed

Default rank 5000+ posts
Gingerbeard Operator
92   0
Reaction score
Recon this is the best place for this!

Just thought I would let anyone else know that is into fabrication/welding about a product I have stumbled on and am excited about.

So, I will be in the process of building a welding table, but I was also interested in something to make fabricating multiple parts easy. I've watched several youtube videos and always seen guys using tables that had fixture holes in them for using different tools as well as fabricating blocks. So I did some searching and what I found was the Strong Hand / Build Pro - Modular tables... this was what I was looking for, but immediately realized it was a bit out of budget for what I was wanting to spend!

Now somewhere in my search I came across a company called Tab and Slot. Found that they build something very similar, and even better tables than Strong Hand. Only a couple different features, but they have options to make up for it. BEST PART... similar table is less that 1/5 of the cost... yes 1/5 of the cost! This was comparing a 3'x4' Strong Hand table from Northern Tool and the same size table from Tab and Slot.

So, I thought... DAMN I have to give these guys a call and see whats up! When I called I actually spoke to the owner of the place Dave Iago. Awesome guy to speak with! I told him a little about what I was looking for and recommended that I look at his fab-block tables. They were right on point! And then he continued to tell me that for what I would look at spending for a Strong Hand table, he could build me a fab-block table that was twice the size and better built. I took what he had to offer and did some more searching for their tables, well, at the time, there was only a couple videos on this fab-block table... now, the thing is, with their tables you weld them together, and well, if your doing the welding, you can believe in the quality of the table. I gave Dave a call back and said that I gotta have this fab-block table!

I am in the process of getting it put together... IT IS A BEAST!! This past weekend they launch a sale on some of their fab-squares to use with the table, and again at the fraction of the cost from others!

I encourage you to go to this link: http://weldtables.com/#_l_a2
Create an account with them, to get updated on any sales they may have going on! Now if you don't see something that will fit a size you are looking for, give them a call. I ended up with two 4'x4' tables, to be bolted together for 4'x8', and will likely order a couple more (when I get my shop built) to have an awesome table to set up jigs!

Bounus: If you're a Jeeper, they make bumpers that you weld together that look to be very tough!!!

Strong Hand Table:
upload_2016-10-12_21-4-54.png

Tab and Slot Table:
upload_2016-10-12_21-5-23.png

Back
Top Bottom