• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Face to face question

looking at trading. Guy lives in TN and of course I’m in GA. Told him we’d have to ship since it’s over state lines. He replies with saying that he has a C&R license. Question is: does his C&R make the deal legal for me to receive a gun and give him one?

From what I’ve read it looks legal (bottom paragraph below)
So to answer OP's question:
He [the C&R FFL holder] may dispose / transfer C&R firearms to another FFL holder in any State.
He may only dispose / transfer C&R firearms face to face to a non-licensee (an individual who does not hold an FFL) who is a resident of the same State where the collector's license is held.
I read that as a no-go, right? The TN C&R FFL holder has to transfer the firearm to a GA FFL first before it can be transferred to you.

I read that as a no-go, right? The TN C&R FFL holder has to transfer the firearm to a GA FFL first before it can be transferred to you.
That’s correct, if the OP was a C&R holder then they could trade with no one else involved. If he knows someone in GA with a C&R that was willing to accept it then I think that would be legal too.

Yes, as of now my options are to ship the rifles or meet FTF at an FFL in North GA to do the transfer (I could hand him his rifle personally and the Ga FFL could transfer his rifle to me)

Not exactly correct. Re-read the ATF statement, the C&R can transfer to a FFL in ANY STATE. in this case, the C&R can transfer to a TN FFL, who can then transfer to a GA resident.

Back
Top Bottom