• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Factory service on machine guns

That's pretty good logic. I'm leaning towards a Mac, largely because of the aftermarket parts availability. I guess with an investment like this I should learn to service it myself and have a ton of parts handy at all times. Do you have any tips for getting a good deal from a private seller other than watching Sturm, subguns, and odt like a hawk? I've tried calling a couple in-state dealers but it seems to be incredibly inconsistent whether A. they have anything pre-86, and B. They take me seriously (often assuming I'm one of those guys that wants to buy a machine gun under the table after watching too much fake news).
I don’t do private transfers . I don’t gamble . 3 of my machine guns came from quiet riot . The 4th is coming from a trusted dealer in Louisiana and being transferred to quiet riot as we speak. Private and out of state transfers have too much risk imo . So I wait until quiet riot gets them.

While it can be an investment , I just like shooting machine guns. I don’t want to hurt my investment : so I replace all the parts I can on every machine gun I have . The Mac series can be stripped to bare receiver . That you cannot hurt . So all my original parts stay fresh. A Mac complete parts kit is $500

I don’t do private transfers . I don’t gamble . 3 of my machine guns came from quiet riot . The 4th is coming from a trusted dealer in Louisiana and being transferred to quiet riot as we speak. Private and out of state transfers have too much risk imo . So I wait until quiet riot gets them.

While it can be an investment , I just like shooting machine guns. I don’t want to hurt my investment : so I replace all the parts I can on every machine gun I have . The Mac series can be stripped to bare receiver . That you cannot hurt . So all my original parts stay fresh. A Mac complete parts kit is $500

Thanks for the advice. I've worked with QRF and Jake in the past, and am glad to hear he's a good source on transferables. I'll have to reach out

3 of my 4 came from individuals and 1 from a dealer at knob creek during mg shoot. 2 were private individuals off a gun board and I ended up saving a ton of money, the kind on deals that don't sit on the board more than a couple hours. Another gun got from my dealer through a private individual that he sold gun to years ago and he wanted to sell it so my dealer brokered it. I bought for less than market value but wasn't a huge savings like buying off a gun board from an individual. If you buy off a board you have to do your research to make sure not a scam. Proper research the risk is not bad and definitely worth the reward.

3 of my 4 came from individuals and 1 from a dealer at knob creek during mg shoot. 2 were private individuals off a gun board and I ended up saving a ton of money, the kind on deals that don't sit on the board more than a couple hours. Another gun got from my dealer through a private individual that he sold gun to years ago and he wanted to sell it so my dealer brokered it. I bought for less than market value but wasn't a huge savings like buying off a gun board from an individual. If you buy off a board you have to do your research to make sure not a scam. Proper research the risk is not bad and definitely worth the reward.
What boards gave you the most luck? Sturm and uzitalk seem to have some good deals if you're persistsnt and quick.

If you are considering a MAC, especially a m11/9, I would not procrastinate. Lage is working on the m11/15 (upper for the m11/9) which will allow you to shoot 223 as well. Given the quality of all the other Lage stuff, I expect this will further drive the price up as it will allow a m11/9 to run 22LR, 9mm in a variety of aftermarket uppers and with various ROF, and a 223 upper using AR parts. Just a FYI in case you were not aware of this already since it could affect future pricing.

If you are considering a MAC, especially a m11/9, I would not procrastinate. Lage is working on the m11/15 (upper for the m11/9) which will allow you to shoot 223 as well. Given the quality of all the other Lage stuff, I expect this will further drive the price up as it will allow a m11/9 to run 22LR, 9mm in a variety of aftermarket uppers and with various ROF, and a 223 upper using AR parts. Just a FYI in case you were not aware of this already since it could affect future pricing.
This . I already have my lage .22 conversion for my m/11. I’m on the waiting list for the 11/15 . I also love the shockwave zmags for the m/11. The 50 round mags are a wonderful thing

Back
Top Bottom