• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Failures while firing suppressed... help!

Foxtrot Sierra

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
204   0
Reaction score
Can't quite understand this one, but here's the situation...

First time firing my SBR, and also first time firing suppressed. Rifle is a Sig PM400 with 11.5" barrel, carbine gas, and fixed A2 FSP/gas block... stock everything except BCM receiver extension and spring with an upgraded H2 buffer and a BCM BCG with o-ring extractor upgrade. Original AR pistol was form 1'd and made into a SBR. Fires great without issues when not suppressed. Attach my QD YHM 7.62 Phantom LT, and first started firing with a nearly empty mag (about 6 rounds left). Immediately had FTE/double feeds (pushed the bullet back into the brass). Ditched the almost empty mag, made sure I didn't have any obstructions or other problems, and loaded a full mag. Fired great until I got down to about the same 6-7 rounds left, then experienced the same FTE/double feed malfunction. Ammo is factory AE .223 55gr FMJ, and mags were Magpul PMags.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks ODTers!

I had the same problem with mine. I went up to an H2 and a BCM bolt and that fixed it. I'd start with putting the original parts back in and see what happens. Then either an adjustable gas block or borrow an H3 and try it...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you are way over gassed and bolt is moving faster than the ammo can eject. You may need to get an adjustable gas block and turn the pressure way back. Get is so that it will just lock the bolt back unsuppressed and your gas pressure should be real close.

Back
Top Bottom