• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fair price for a 3 ton central heat/air unit

leetheman81

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
165   0
Reaction score
Downstairs hvac unit has about bit the dust and need new unit put in. Split level home about 1300 square feet downstairs. Received a quote of right at 4k installed for a 3 ton carrier unit. Havent gotten but 1 quote and took 3 days to have that company come give me a price. Is this a good price or should i get a few more quotes before giving these guys the go ahead? It's only gonna get hotter i know and they can start/finish the job on friday. Just looking for feedback from those of you who know and/or have had a unit put in within last 6 months-year time frame. I assume that like everything else prices have gone up as of late.
Thanks ODT!

Did he give you a sheet with the quoted equipment serials on it?

Is the basement mostly covered with earth? the reason I ask if insulated well then a 3 ton in todays Seer ratings (efficiency) prob at least a 13seer Won’t be needed for 1300sq ft. I have a 3 ton for 1800 sq ft that is not even insulated well.

On a flip side. A carrier unit is a good one for sure. Just make sure it’s not a Payne…technically made with carrier parts and is just fine btw but not as expensive as carrier.

No basement here and i believe its insulated fairly well. House holds temp well but no sir, no serials were provided. Just a walk through and verbal price given and a handshake

Oh apologies first floor I got it now. was The work just for a direct swapout of the indoor and outdoor unit, new line sets and refrigerant? Then take all trash? For a three ton unit. That’s about right.

Back
Top Bottom