• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fairness to Ted Nugent? Off the wall question- non political.

Because Zepplin, AC/DC, GNR, Van Halen, Journey, Sabbath, Metallica, Rush, Hemdrix, Bon Jovi, Boston, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Motley Crew, maybe even Iron Maiden are all better.

Edit: also add Pink Floyd, CCR, Stones, Skynyrd, and Allman Brothers

Yeh. He's not really relevant.

Throw that in with his political views and he's not gonna get play time.

I like some of his songs and Ive even seen him (opening). Wouldnt mind hearing him sometimes to break up the same songs over and over again when I listen to the radio, but I havent thought of him or his songs until it was brought up.

Also, he seems like a turd.

GNR, Bong Jovy, Soundgarden & nerdvana? Really? They ain't qualified to tote Ted's guitar picks. :rolleyes:

I agree the others all kick ass!

The Mighty Black Sabbath and Motorhead also get ZERO radio play (cause they scare the chillun'/snowflakes!)

First of all GNR is amazing. I can understand that grunge isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Also yes Sabbath doesn’t get as much air time as it should, scares da chillrens.

GNR, Bong Jovy, Soundgarden & nerdvana? Really? They ain't qualified to tote Ted's guitar picks. :rolleyes:

I agree the others all kick ass!

The Mighty Black Sabbath and Motorhead also get ZERO radio play (cause they scare the chillun'/snowflakes!)
I'm kinda glad that Motorhead gets no love from FM radio. See that just means you gotta be cool and dedicated enough to dig a little deeper . The truly good **** is never found on FM. That's one of the main reasons I listen to AM talk radio all day at work. At least I'll be informed there. I truly love GOOD music from Floyd to Motorhead to DAC to Sinatra. I appreciate talent and intensity. That's why I can't take the cliche bubble gum **** that's on most if not all stations these days.

First of all GNR is amazing. I can understand that grunge isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Also yes Sabbath doesn’t get as much air time as it should, scares da chillrens.
There are a few GNR tunes I really dig like Civil War. But I can't stand Appetite for Destruction. And Welcome to the Jungle is just a bunch of stupid **** that could've been written by middle school kids. I mean it sucks SO bad! I will admit that when Axl replaced Brian Joh9on a recent AC/DC tour that was probably the best thing they could have done. His voice matches up very well to their work. And Brian Johnson's voice was all done years ago.
As for the grunge scene... I didn't like Nirvana at all. Pretty much the same for Pearl Jam. But Alice in Chains and Soundgarden were very good. It's just too bad that it was all heroin music and the drugs took their toll.

I've done research and I think he's a coward, a statutory rapist, and a poacher. On the first charge, I never had to walk in those shoes so there is that. I don't particularly care for his music either but none of that probably answers the OPs question.
Go to Netflix and goigleClint Eastwoid and see how many if his movies come up. The answers to the OPs question and that very well are the same. But we may have to move the thread....
But, if you ever get a chance to sit across a table from him in a back woods restaurant in an out-of-the-way town, by all means, do it. Like Jimmy Buffet, he's a genuinely nice guy that loves nature and the outdoors and everything God put on this earth. Like so many others, the bright lights of the camera don't always do the best justice to a person like Nooge.

But, if you ever get a chance to sit across a table from him in a back woods restaurant in an out-of-the-way town, by all means, do it. Like Jimmy Buffet, he's a genuinely nice guy that loves nature and the outdoors and everything God put on this earth. Like so many others, the bright lights of the camera don't always do the best justice to a person like Nooge.
Have a friend who is a huge fan, that went hunting with him (at his place). Said he was an arrogant foul mouthed prick. Friend is still a HUGE fan. :noidea:
Nugent doesn't strike me as a person with 'friends'. I'm guessing he has a lot of associates though.
But again, could be misreading the whole thing and he may be the male Mother Theresa.

Have a friend who is a huge fan, that went hunting with him (at his place). Said he was an arrogant foul mouthed prick. Friend is still a HUGE fan. :noidea:
Nugent doesn't strike me as a person with 'friends'. I'm guessing he has a lot of associates though.
But again, could be misreading the whole thing and he may be the male Mother Theresa.
I guess I only can draw from my own personal experience. I'm sure he's a far different person in many different situations, but my experience was nothing but positive. No grand-standing or speeches or anything like that. Just a great 20 or so minute conversation, just the two of us sitting at the table in little town called Millington, MI.

Back in 2014, the Nuge went on a rant in which he called President Barak Obama a "gangster," a "subhuman mongrel" and finally a "chimpanzee."
If that doesn't kill an entertainer's career in these politically-correct racially-sensitive times, I can't imagine what else would. He's got to be persona non grata now.

Back
Top Bottom