• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fairness to Ted Nugent? Off the wall question- non political.

The subject of Ted always brings up his lack of service to the country.
Then you have the Right wing crowd that calls him a coward. But in the same breath they'll call John Wayne (Marion Morrison) a hero. Even though Wayne dodged service in a time of true need to literally defend our homeland.

John Wayne was 34 and 1/2 years old when the U.S. entered WWII.
He'd been married for over 7 years by then and had 4 small children.
Tell me how a middle-aged family man like that "dodged" his service "in a time of true need" by making patriotic films, instead of volunteering for a combat role-- which he was too old for, by nearly a decade.

I guess I only can draw from my own personal experience. I'm sure he's a far different person in many different situations, but my experience was nothing but positive. No grand-standing or speeches or anything like that. Just a great 20 or so minute conversation, just the two of us sitting at the table in little town called Millington, MI.
I don't doubt it. Perhaps not being in his kingdom has him turned down a few notches? Most people are more agreeable outside their element.

Back in 2014, the Nuge went on a rant in which he called President Barak Obama a "gangster," a "subhuman mongrel" and finally a "chimpanzee."
If that doesn't kill an entertainer's career in these politically-correct racially-sensitive times, I can't imagine what else would. He's got to be persona non grata now.
So you're saying he pulled a Kramer? A lot of what he's said about Obama was factual but that still doesn't mean he could get away with saying it.

Saw a little clip on FB of Ted, sitting at a table autographing red "Trump" hats that said...."Re-elect the Mother****er", funny as all get out, although I don't think I would wear one.

Back in 2014, the Nuge went on a rant in which he called President Barak Obama a "gangster," a "subhuman mongrel" and finally a "chimpanzee."
If that doesn't kill an entertainer's career in these politically-correct racially-sensitive times, I can't imagine what else would. He's got to be persona non grata now.
Do you know anything about his past?
Nothing there more career killing than adopting an underage girl to be his wife.

Nugent is a douche. A very close friend of mine is friends with Derek St. Holmes and has told me some stories over the years. Sure, we like his music but the guy is a total
asshole.

Back
Top Bottom