• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fake gold and silver all over the place

No setup here. Id much rather buy a fake one knowingly to keep me from buying a pile, unknowingly. Side by side its easy to compare. Reminds me of working with my father when I was much younger at his used parts salvage yard. Someone would come in wanting a carbureator, first question was do you have your old one to match it up. The constant reply was I know what it looks like. Walk them to the rack with 500 on it and all of sudden they look alike. Easy to see with it in hand. The fake coin, I feel like, would be no different.

I bought a bunch of 1oz bars on eBay. They practically jumped across the table to the magnet. They looked near identical to the real ones I bought on apmex.
That was my first and last time buying from a private seller. And benefit of the doubt some people don't even know they bought a fake as they change hands a bunch. Fortunately for me the seller gave me a full refund and paid for me to ship one back so they could take to a local dealer to be educated.

What pisses me off is the feds refuse to go after obvious counterfeiters in china but will waste time destroying a legit business man because he sought to reveal the illusion of fiat dollars

Talking about liberty dollars and NotHaus

Back
Top Bottom