• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fannin County residence listen up - new EMA ordinance - possible gun grab

I suggest that all of you read you counties EMA ordinances. I know that White County specifies that the county EMA director has the authority to seize, sell, buy and/or distribute any and ALL property of county residents. They aren't talking about land, but tractors, cars, machines, guns, etc.

Below is from this link:http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=13090

Sec. 18-40. - Powers during an emergency or disaster.

Upon a manmade or natural disaster, actual enemy attack upon the United States, or any other emergency which may affect the lives and property of the citizens of the county, the chairman of the board of commissioners, jointly with the mayors of the affected cities, or in their absences their legally appointed successors to be named may determine that an emergency or disaster exists and thereafter shall have and may exercise for such period as such emergency or disaster exists or continues, the following powers:

(1)
Enforce all rules, laws and regulations relating to emergency management, and to assume direct operational control over all emergency management resources;

(2)
Seize or take for temporary use, any private property for the protection of the public;

(3)
Sell, lend, give, or distribute all or any such property or supplies among the inhabitants of the county and to maintain a strict accounting of property or supplies distributed and for funds received for such property or supplies;

(4)
Perform and exercise such other functions and duties, and take such emergency actions as may be necessary to promote and secure the safety, protection and well-being of the inhabitants of the county.

(Res. No. 92-12, § IV, 6-2-92)

State law reference- Local organization required, O.C.G.A. § 38-3-27.

offbeat404, Read a little closer ::ke:

Reviving some memories as to what happened during the Katrina aftermath I bring forward these links.

Suit Filed to Halt New Orleans Gun Seizures..
http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/21/200219.shtml

An old thread on Michigan Gun Owners about it...
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12603

By what authority were those NOLA Leo Depts acting under then to attempt such an act of seizure of guns and propertry? These type ordinances would GIVE them that power and we'd have NO legal fight IMO.

So I sent a note to Senator Saxby Chambliss requesting him to find out what federal agency is behind this since it is tied to grant money and here is his response.

"Dear Mr. Mullinix:
Thank you for writing me regarding the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. It is good to hear from you on this important issue.

We must ensure the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens are not infringed upon. Sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety have a right to own guns for these legitimate purposes. The ability of decent, hard-working Americans to own a gun, whether for sport or protection is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised. Only a government that does not trust its citizens would refuse them the right to bear arms.

Since coming to Congress, I have worked very hard to defeat efforts to erode our constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Rest assured, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and I will continue to ensure the rights of gun owners will not be further infringed upon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance to you in the future. In the meantime, if you would like to receive timely e-mail alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov. "

<sarcasm on>

I am real excited about the help I expect to get from him.

<sarcasm off>

That is the typical "blah" "blah" canned reply I have gotten too many times. He does not address your question, but sends a canned reply. Next election, I'm looking to make a change. I saw a bumper sticker that said "Don't re-elect NOBODY" That is very true for Chambliss.

Ok, I submit. I was wrong about the BS. Now that I've seen it in writing, it makes me question everything all over again. I think I'll check with Gordon and Whitfield counties to see what their ordinances say.

Back
Top Bottom