• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FAT BOY...... jr (gun safe)

You can but I wouldn't unless its temp controlled, not a fan of mold and rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Move (not deliver) 15+ safes a month.... never once seen mold or rust because it was in the garage.

I can actually say I've seen way more rusty bottoms on carpet inside of homes then garages.

You can but I wouldn't unless its temp controlled, not a fan of mold and rust.

That was my concern and reason for asking. I read a thread from a guy once on here, he had his in the garage, and did have ruined guns. My bet is, it was a cheap safe, maybe old as well.

Move (not deliver) 15+ safes a month.... never once seen mold or rust because it was in the garage.

I can actually say I've seen way more rusty bottoms on carpet inside of homes then garages.

I would think the Dissectant bags would help too, and maybe having one that sits above the floor. I recently saw one that had the mounting metal beams below it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

That was my concern and reason for asking. I read a thread from a guy once on here, he had his in the garage, and did have ruined guns. My bet is, it was a cheap safe, maybe old as well.

I would think the Dissectant bags would help too, and maybe having one that sits above the floor. I recently saw one that had the mounting metal beams below it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I had a ODT guys safe full of rusty **** but it was in a damp ass basement.

Are lithium batteries less likely to leak than alkaline?
Yes, unless physically damaged lithium batteries are not going to leak. They are actually designed with vents for venting gas. Lithium batteries have a different discharge curve than alkaline. It's much flatter. They also self discharge much slower over time and are less temp affected. My lock uses 2 9v so there's a built-in backup.... They've been in since Aug '15. I guess I could check their voltage and see where they are at.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom