• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FAT BOY...... jr (gun safe)

Yes, unless physically damaged lithium batteries are not going to leak. They are actually designed with vents for venting gas. Lithium batteries have a different discharge curve than alkaline. It's much flatter. They also self discharge much slower over time and are less temp affected. My lock uses 2 9v so there's a built-in backup.... They've been in since Aug '15. I guess I could check their voltage and see where they are at.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You have should have 2 9v....I've gotten 5-6 years out of them going in and out a few times a day.

(I'm a horrible example)

Drying rod is only $20 in TSC, and I did not notice any increase in my electrical bill since I put mine in. I would put one in a safe in a garage and be done with it.
Drying rod? It's electrical? How do you get power to it inside the safe?
Thanks for the idea!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

20170907_231240.jpg
It is electrical. Better safes have an outlet inside of them, with a computer style AC cable on the outside. I have a splitter inside on mine and run inside safe lights and drying rod off it. Golden Rod is the original brand, but there are many good knock offs.
Mine is on the bottom, in the dead unusable space under the door.

View attachment 1309849
It is electrical. Better safes have an outlet inside of them, with a computer style AC cable on the outside. I have a splitter inside on mine and run inside safe lights and drying rod off it. Golden Rod is the original brand, but there are many good knock offs.
Mine is on the bottom, in the dead unusable space under the door.
That's great to know, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You have should have 2 9v....I've gotten 5-6 years out of them going in and out a few times a day.

(I'm a horrible example)
I've considered getting the AC adapter for it, it's just kinda expensive.... Then the batteries would just be backup.
It seems that the min cutoff for lithium 9v batteries is around 5.4v however there's a drastic voltage drop at approximately 7.5v on Energizer lithium 9v. So I would probably advocate testing once a year and replacing when below 8v....

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom