• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FAT BOY...... jr (gun safe)

Drying rod? It's electrical? How do you get power to it inside the safe?
Thanks for the idea!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have a drying rod as well. Honestly it's just heat I believe and it's so subtle I can't even tell if it's on. BUT I've had 0 issues with moisture. I'm in mine 3-4 times a week like SafeCracka SafeCracka said though, so it's overkill on mine but, mine came with the outlets and the drying rod so dang right I was gonna hook it up. Put a big LED light kit in as well that had a built in transformer to convert to DC. Worked great! The lights alone are worth the money!

I have a drying rod as well. Honestly it's just heat I believe and it's so subtle I can't even tell if it's on. BUT I've had 0 issues with moisture. I'm in mine 3-4 times a week like SafeCracka SafeCracka said though, so it's overkill on mine but, mine came with the outlets and the drying rod so dang right I was gonna hook it up. Put a big LED light kit in as well that had a built in transformer to convert to DC. Worked great! The lights alone are worth the money!
Yup, I understand and will definitely put lights and a drying rod in mine. I'm kinda an overkill kinda person, lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I've never seen it happen to 1 year or newer batteries....LOL
I checked mine last night. They had been in there so long that I couldn't even remember what type of batteries it took.

It uses 4 AA batteries in a holder kind of like this one that plugs into a 9v connector.

IMG_1031.jpg

The batteries were still going strong and hadn't leaked, but I went ahead and replaced them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom