• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fatality at Bert Adams Scout Camp

richs

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
40   0
Reaction score

Atlanta Area Council Leaders and Parents:

It is a very difficult time for our Scouting family. We are sad to confirm the death of a Scout following a weather-related incident at Bert Adams Scout Camp.
On Monday afternoon, an unexpected storm came through Bert Adams Scout Camp and a falling tree caused fatal injuries to a Scout from Texas. We will support the Scout’s family in any way that we can.
We have been working closely with authorities from the Newton County Sheriff's Office and have counselors at camp to work with our Scouts and leaders.
As you know, safety is integral to everything we do, and we place great importance on prevention and preparedness to create the most secure environment possible for our Scouts. We will continue to work with our leaders to take every precaution possible to remain safe during inclement weather.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Atlanta Area Council. Please join us in keeping all those affected in your thoughts and prayers.

That's terrible

Bert adams was where i along with my scout troop spent many summers (this of course before the pc sterilization and neutering of the BSA)

Sad, prayers for the fam

My oldest son (an Eagle Scout) served as a camp councilor at Bert Adams for 2 years (before becoming an EMT). I've spent many weekends and weeks at Bert Adams (and at "Gilwell") and Jamerson. The report I posted was the official release from Atlanta Area Council. I'll post any updates if they send them.

Back
Top Bottom