• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Father/Daughter hog hunt (FT Stewart)

Tusker6N

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
77   0
Reaction score
Spent all of this week after work in the woods hog hunting with my daughter on FT Stewart. This was her 1st time hunting and she got to experience the real deal. We did a lot of walking and Monday we jumped a sounder but she couldn't get a clean shot in the thick brush. Proud of her patience and not rushing. Didn't see any hogs the next 3 days despite walking miles of swamp and thick brush. This evening we happened on a boar and put in a good stalk to within 15yds. Perfect neck shot and dropped him in his tracks.

20200320_194549.jpg

Spent all of this week after work in the woods hog hunting with my daughter on FT Stewart. This was her 1st time hunting and she got to experience the real deal. We did a lot of walking and Monday we jumped a sounder but she couldn't get a clean shot in the thick brush. Proud of her patience and not rushing. Didn't see any hogs the next 3 days despite walking miles of swamp and thick brush. This evening we happened on a boar and put in a good stalk to within 15yds. Perfect neck shot and dropped him in his tracks.

View attachment 2542346

Congratulations to both of you! Tell the young huntress that I said well done!

Back
Top Bottom