• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fatherly advice (wife and kids were in an accident)

GEEZ! I wish them a speedy recovery.

Get documentation for everything! The ambulance (whether the used it or not), the police report, eye witness statements, any businesses nearby that may have cameras, hospital bills, food purchased during their hospital stay, vehicle rental receipts, etc. Also make sure you claim lost wages (yours and hers) for missing work. Get a reputable GA traffic injury lawyer with a proven history of large settlements.

The more evidence you give your insurance company, the better. Be sure your wife INSISTS she did nothing wrong and that you REFUSE to pay any deductibles. Tell your insurance to go after the other driver for all compensation. I did the same thing when I was hit while waiting at a light. My insurance went after them for damages and deductible; I didn't pay a dime.

Ask your insurance to total out the vehicle. You'll get a check from the insurance claim, and if you want you can sell the totaled vehicle to a mechanic or scrap yard for extra $$. Then comes the personal lawsuit against the other Driver. With all the right documentation, the other Party will have to settle. Just make sure your lawyer accounts for any future complications due to the crash injuries. MAKE THEM PAY!

I got a call that my wife and kids were okay but were in a pretty bad accident and on the way to the hospital.

My wife was at a red light and got plowed into by a gravel/sand hauler.

So far the family is okay, concision, whiplash, bruises but that’s about it. The car is more then likely totaled… the rear of her SUV is all smashed in and being held at a local tow company.

So far just a hospital trip and police report filed (wait 24hrs to get)

My local insurance office was closed.

What should I do? I know we are not at fault so do I go to a car rental and start keeping receipts for reimbursement?

Do I call Morgan and Morgan?

I’m going to notify my insurance tomorrow when they open.

Her car was paid off and I have overkill insurance policy but since we are not at fault I’m not sure how this all works.

I really don’t have anyone to get solid advice as I am pretty much on my own with my family and they look to me for answers.

Any advice would be great
prayers for the family and thanks to the Lord above everybody is ok.
my advise, if your going to get a lawyer, stay away from those
phone book seen ambulance chaser types. they get more than you do
in a settlement.

Glad everyone is OK, sort of speak. Call your insurance company and they'll advise you on what to do. You'll be in a long process. Just don't let the insurance company take advantage of you, because they will. Do your best not to get a lawyer involved, but don't rule it out. Good luck, you'll need it along with a lot of patience

Back
Top Bottom