• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fatherly advice (wife and kids were in an accident)

Contact your insurance ASAP and get an attorney.

I work with a guy that was nearly killed at a red light by a dump truck. He was messed up for quite a while (your family is lucky thank God) but his legal representation did their job. Insurance initially tried to jerk him around but then he got an attorney and he's retiring to cash purchased mountain top house in Montana in a month.

He'd tell you, let your insurance and your attorney do the heavy lifting especially if it's a commercial vehicle that hit them.

Same thing as when the po po hook you up. "Lawyer. Lawyer. Lawyer."

Don't let your wife or kids say anything to anyone without running it by your LAWYER.

I'm glad your family is not seriously (as of yet) injured as a result of the accident. Full physicals including spinal x-rays would be my first act IF I felt any pain at all during the next 6 weeks.

Glad your family is okay. That's the most important thing.

Have to agree with the "laywer up" comments. DO NOT TAKE A SETTLEMENT OFFER ON THE DAMAGE TO YOUR VEHICLE. Unless they changed the law since I last served on a jury, you lose the ability to make personal injury claims once the physical damage to your vehicle is settled. You'll be amazed how fast a defendent's insurer wants to settle up on getting you a new vehicle if there are injuries. It's a trap door escape hatch for them.

I was on a jury for a whiplash case, and the defendent's insurance company pulled every trick they could to avoid paying for reasonable care for the family their client hit. The plaintiff and their attorney were noobs to the process and got their asses handed to them by the insurance company's more experienced attorney. I fought for the plaintiffs in the jury room as best I could, but it was an uphill battle trying to get fellow jurors to look past race and language barriers. I felt like Henry Fonda in Twelve Angry Men.

Bottom line: As much as the jokes about personal injury lawyers are funny and often relevant, there's a reason why they occupy a space in our legal system.

Glad your family is okay. That's the most important thing.

Have to agree with the "laywer up" comments. DO NOT TAKE A SETTLEMENT OFFER ON THE DAMAGE TO YOUR VEHICLE. Unless they changed the law since I last served on a jury, you lose the ability to make personal injury claims once the physical damage to your vehicle is settled. You'll be amazed how fast a defendent's insurer wants to settle up on getting you a new vehicle if there are injuries. It's a trap door escape hatch for them.

I was on a jury for a whiplash case, and the defendent's insurance company pulled every trick they could to avoid paying for reasonable care for the family their client hit. The plaintiff and their attorney were noobs to the process and got their asses handed to them by the insurance company's more experienced attorney. I fought for the plaintiffs in the jury room as best I could, but it was an uphill battle trying to get fellow jurors to look past race and language barriers. I felt like Henry Fonda in Twelve Angry Men.

Bottom line: As much as the jokes about personal injury lawyers are funny and often relevant, there's a reason why they occupy a space in our legal system.

Wow! An insurance representative showed up at my parents house looking for me…. He actually came from Atlanta and was trying to get to me.

My dad had him on speaker and I asked him to send me his info and that I would be in touch maybe tomorrow.

I know something is up when he was really pushy asking how my family was and such… I only told him that we were still in a state of shock and resting after the hospital visit…. I need to ZIP it

Back
Top Bottom