• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fatherly advice (wife and kids were in an accident)

First and most important, I’m glad they are ok. Once you contact your insurance company, have ZERO conversation with the other driver’s insurance company. They will push hard to try to give you a number to settle for. The issue is you may have medical bills later own and don’t want to agree to anything they try to throw at you. Have them contact your agent.

The other parties insurance will try to pay for your car and bills - speak to qualified personal injury legal councel before accepting any offers. Your family could have physical and lingering emotional stress from the accident - no rush take care of family first and keeps all receipts and take notes.

I’m glad your family wasn’t hurt anymore than they were. One never knows and I hope everyone has a speedy recovery with no long term effects.

What insurance company do you have that does not have a 24 hour hot line?

The other driver's insurance will be responsible, but you need to let your insurance company deal with them as much as possible. They know this game a lot better than you do. If you want to go beyond reimbursement for your vehicle and medical bills, you most definitely need a good lawyer.

My pregnant wife was t-boned and went into early labor at ~6 months. Thank god she and baby were “ok” but we had to get glass surgically removed from her face almost a year later.

Call pros. The important stuff is they are ok. Soreness sets in a day-3 later so be ready for that.

1675894803722.png

Wow! An insurance representative showed up at my parents house looking for me…. He actually came from Atlanta and was trying to get to me.

My dad had him on speaker and I asked him to send me his info and that I would be in touch maybe tomorrow.

I know something is up when he was really pushy asking how my family was and such… I only told him that we were still in a state of shock and resting after the hospital visit…. I need to ZIP it

Yep. He becomes a witness: "I talked to the plaintiff the day after the accident and he said his family was fine." It gives them more leverage in negotiations as well, because you are left wondering what jury might think of what he says you said. They have everything to gain from those early interactions, and nothing to lose.

If there is any doubt about the mechanics of the accident - you could visit the location and look for surveillance cameras - might be worthwile to ask business owners for access to footage before its overwritten and gone forever (and best to do so under the advice of legal council).

Back
Top Bottom