• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fatherly advice (wife and kids were in an accident)

Wow! An insurance representative showed up at my parents house looking for me…. He actually came from Atlanta and was trying to get to me.

My dad had him on speaker and I asked him to send me his info and that I would be in touch maybe tomorrow.

I know something is up when he was really pushy asking how my family was and such… I only told him that we were still in a state of shock and resting after the hospital visit…. I need to ZIP it
Your insurance rep or the company insurance rep.
I wouldn't speak to nobody but your insurance rep and attorney.

I would never hire an abulance chacer type attorney. My wife and I was at a red light and a drunk guy hit us running 70mph. All I received was lost wages and hospital bills paid.
The worse part is the attorney accidently sent me some paper work by mistake that he was faxing to another attorney,
A woman husband was tragically killed in an accident and fought for several years and when it was said and done she received about $150,000.00 and the law firm received almost $600,000.00.
A received a call from my attorney within a minute or two asking me did I receive a fax and I said "yes" he said to tear it up immediately because that was private and sensitive information.

The greatest blessing is your family is safe and at home. And as others have said you can have lingering effects from the wreck. I know because I do.

Prayers to you and to your family for a full and speedy recovery.

I haven’t read through this all. If they were hit from behind, i believe it 100% the trucks fault. Whiplash is a big deal. Ive dealing with most of my life. Thankfully they were mostly ok. I had acquaintance who was hit by a commercial vehicle. It was his back or neck. I didn’t here the amount but Ken Nugent made sure he never had to work again. I dont see a thing wrong with it. Pain can last a lifetime. On the other side , I have known people get run all over because of inadequate representation.

Tomorrow is the day they will be real sore and hurting, as for your rental, if you have great insurance then they will take care of that. As for my advice get them checked out really well some things won't show up until a few days pass. Remember Uninsured Motorist insurance of your insurance is responsible of anything their insurance don't pay. Your insurance won't tell you that but a good lawyer will. We went through this situation back in 2003. Get a good lawyer, if both insurance don't get the ball rolling. The longer you wait the worse they get.

Glad no one got super hurt, be sure to get X-rays and watch out for any new pains in the next several days when you will KNOW you been in a wreck, first day its really hard to tell anything.

Lawyers take a 3rd, usually without a lawyer you will get super low balled on the settlements and actually costs.

Insurance is high, cause we have to have lawyer's, who try to get the MAX, so insurance charges more, then when you need insurance to pay the don't want too. It's all a big corp game.

Document everything.

If your “local” insurance agency was closed, are they a very small entity? There was no emergency number to call?????

Absolutely do not speak to anyone, give NO details over the phone to anyone who calls you about the accident unless it’s your insurance or the lawyer you hired.

Take photos of your family’s bruising and injuries. Get the report from hospital. Most superficial visible wounds have not even started to manifest. Document EVERYTHING. The bruising may be gone before you see your first court date.

I’d say prob do not go with these mega lawyers they will take exorbitant fees. But do go speak to at least three, at their office and in person.

But most of all. Hug them and be With them.

I’m glad your family is ok. I have a good friend who is a personal injury attorney. He WINS cases, especially involving trucks. I will be happy to put you in touch with him if you want.

I got a call that my wife and kids were okay but were in a pretty bad accident and on the way to the hospital.

My wife was at a red light and got plowed into by a gravel/sand hauler.

So far the family is okay, concision, whiplash, bruises but that’s about it. The car is more then likely totaled… the rear of her SUV is all smashed in and being held at a local tow company.

So far just a hospital trip and police report filed (wait 24hrs to get)

My local insurance office was closed.

What should I do? I know we are not at fault so do I go to a car rental and start keeping receipts for reimbursement?

Do I call Morgan and Morgan?

I’m going to notify my insurance tomorrow when they open.

Her car was paid off and I have overkill insurance policy but since we are not at fault I’m not sure how this all works.

I really don’t have anyone to get solid advice as I am pretty much on my own with my family and they look to me for answers.

Any advice would be great
GOD Bless and watch over you and yours. I offer no advice but your family is in my prayers.

Back
Top Bottom