• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fatwood harvest

I have been using it for more years than many of you have been alive. When I get some a put a piece on the dash of my truck, I only harvest enough to use for two weeks..It will evaporate left open to the air, best to seal in zip lock bags will last longer.

You beat me too it. I was gonna say to keep it sealed once it's cut up

With a little inspiration from Survivor Johnny Survivor Johnny I harvested a branch for fatwood today. Of a 8 in x 4 in piece of branch, this is what I was able to harvest. BTW, it burns amazingly with a ferro rod and nothing else!
View attachment 650152

Lol, i was the "bad influence" when I was a kid. I wasn't let into some of my friends yards at all. Now people hunger to learn what got me into trouble back then.

I never burned anything down mind you but I did scortch a nice little spot in my buddies back yard and I guess I burned more than that in HIGH school. Huh, maybe I was a bad influence

My family usually always called it lighter wood, but I was also familiar with the term fat lighter. Never heard it called anything else. Don't have much use for it anymore, but it's all over my family's property.

Back
Top Bottom