• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fatwood harvest

My grandfather hired my grandmother to pick cotton for him, and later married her. After his death she told of how she had found a chunk of lighter and put it in her cotton sack, meaning to get it out when she turned in her cotton. She forgot, it caught fire in the gin and the mill burned down. She wisely waited til grandad had passed to tell this, the mill burning had always been a mystery.

As a kid in Wisconsin my uncle from Florida would come up to deer hunt with us. He'd always bring a load of "lighter knot pine" for me in the trunk of his Chevy Biscayne. I was in charge of making fires to keep his rebel ass from freezing in the cold Wisconsin woods,

My grandfather hired my grandmother to pick cotton for him, and later married her. After his death she told of how she had found a chunk of lighter and put it in her cotton sack, meaning to get it out when she turned in her cotton. She forgot, it caught fire in the gin and the mill burned down. She wisely waited til grandad had passed to tell this, the mill burning had always been a mystery.
Until now, Bwahaha

Not sure of the request to seal it after "harvest". It's been lying around in the woods for decades.
It will get stronger as it sometimes "shrinks"in its natural state.

It's not just that it's been harvested. It's dries out after being split up. It still works but not as good. I had a thumb thick piece in my dashboard all summer to test it in that heat. It did dry (baked more like) and bled on the dash but the scrapings still light. They don't burn as long tho

Back
Top Bottom