• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

faux stacked rock panels

I did my fireplace in my old condo with that HD product.

3 sides, went on in less than a day.

You do have to trim pieces to "square off" the corners.

I used some matching color grout to hide the imperfections.

1. Bricks and stone on your exterior have nothing to do with termites.
The want to eat wood, duh.
They can hide just as easily behind vinyl, fiber- cement (Hardie board), or stucco.

2. If you have any outlets on the walls you’re going to put the stacked stone, get some outlet extenders, since your wall will be thicker.
Goes up like tile, wet saw is your friend.
Easy Peasy.

https://goo.gl/images/adMrQz

4058B38D-D61B-48C2-99AB-D65A4569F568.jpeg
EAC3B750-4957-4E56-AAE8-F1CCA326EBDD.jpeg

1. Bricks and stone on your exterior have nothing to do with termites.
The want to eat wood, duh.
They can hide just as easily behind vinyl, fiber- cement (Hardie board), or stucco.

2. If you have any outlets on the walls you’re going to put the stacked stone, get some outlet extenders, since your wall will be thicker.
Goes up like tile, wet saw is your friend.
Easy Peasy.
Of course the termites want the wood....
Water just seems to get behind that product more than vinyl or stucco or any other.:doh:

The 2018 International Residential Code (IRC R703.1.1) states that the design and construction of exterior walls prevent the accumulation of water within the wall system by providing a water-resistant barrier behind the exterior cladding, as required by Section R703.2 and flashing as described in R703.4. The R703.1.1 also mandates that water that penetrates the exterior cladding can drain or evaporate.

The R703.2 requires that an approved water-resistive barrier is applied, according to manufacturer’s installation instructions, over studs or sheathing of every exterior wall. The approved water-resistive barrier must be continuous to the top of walls and stopped at openings and building appendages in a way to meet the requirements of the exterior wall envelope described in Section R703.1.

Back
Top Bottom