• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite 22lr pistol?

I've looked at a couple of different 22 pistols (revolver, semi-auto, etc.) in a couple of shops. I would have to say my favorite is my ruger sr22, but then again I am biased since I only payed 50+ tax for it..!
How did you get that deal? I have an Sr22 and love it.. but payed much more than that..

Does the Ruger Charger count? This thing is my go to for plinking. That and my little P17 suppressed.
Screenshot_20210807-181243.jpg
Screenshot_20210807-181251.jpg

I like it!
Only thing left Ruger is the receiver. Blasted it, ran it through the dishwasher in aluminum foil and powder detergent to "dirty it up a bit", blasted all the black aluminum parts back to raw, had Kalashnicarver made the Mauser grip and tailhook brace extension. All trigger internals are stainless. KIDD barrel was turned with some light grit sandpaper in a lathe to match the receiver a bit. Added a skeletonized charging handle and TandemKross bolt. I have way too much fun with it and go through way too much ammo. Luckily it's cheap to shoot.

How did you get that deal? I have an Sr22 and love it.. but payed much more than that..
Got lucky, I guess. I frequent many of the pawn shops around statesboro/hinesville area and have for several years even before I moved back down here. I saw that it was on clearance at a shop in statesboro & asked about it. They said that a previous buyer brought it back while saying it would not work. They (the shop) took it back, but did not want to put anymore money into it. It had a $75 price tag, so I just offered $50 & they said sold. I figured that at least I would have a nice paper weight. Took an hour or so and some Q-tips + some gun cleaner and it worked. Not saying it is a beauty queen, but it works well enough. Someday when I have more time, I will do a full strip down cleaning. As for the previous buyer who returned it, I got the feeling from the shop that He did not get permission to get it (or something to that effect).

Send the parts to me I will get her done!
Thanks Bro, but I did the work. Just a stainless spring kit and trigger work. I wish I’d shot it before doing anything to it so I’d know what a difference it made, but I just did what others had recommended. Can’t wait to try it out. Waiting on some hiCap mags.

The SR22 requires a really hard slap on the mag to seat it well enough. If you don't do that it won't work. I had three mags that did that. One mag you could slide in a lock. The others had to have that slam, ram, jam job before the gun would even fire. I bet s dime to a dollar that was his problem. Not seating the mag well enough.

Back
Top Bottom