• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite 22lr pistol?

I've got one with the shorter barrel...and I have yet to find a better trigger...on anything...I regularly shoot it to 100 yards on steel...and I can literally shoot it all day long..lol
I came here to open a thread about a rekindled love for the 22. I have not shot my 22A in a while. The other day I was going fishing and while I normally just carry a snub 38 I decided to take my 22A. Man we had a good time. I shot and plinked and made some fairly impressive (especially to a 10 year old boy) shots. This morning I went to get in my truck and there was an armadillo in the yard. I hollered for my son and he cut on the headlights while I took a shot with my faithful 22A.

I am wanting something new. I am debating carrying a 22 around the house more as well as field carry. I normally just carry what I am normally carrying which is either a 19 or a 642/60. I just realize that a 22 will handle 98.7% of everything I need a pistol for including fun. A ruger 22/45 lite is mighty tempting and so is a single action 22. In reality my 22A S&W makes me appear to be a better shot than I am, it has eaten 10's of thousands of rounds from velocitor to the cheapest thing I can find and runs 100%.

Love my Ruger single 6 for it in 1977 when I was in the Army still got it,feels just right in my hand,,, also got the sr22 it is really starting to grow on me easy to shoot and carry. Can't have to many toys.....for some reason the older I get the more I can justify getting new toys.....

My two favorite .22's are a Ruger MKII KMK512 w/Millett Rear Sight & a very good 2 & 1/4 pound Trigger by Jim Stroh of Alpha Precision and a Smith & Wesson Model 17 "Full Lug" with a KILLER "Action Job" by "Uncle Lou" Ciamillo at Maryland Gun Works--Both are phenomenally accurate and incredibly FUN to shoot! :)

1631766964478.png

Most any quality weapon, rifle or pistol
Speaking of quality. I honestly wasn’t expecting to keep and pass down a Taurus tx22 but so far it has performed above my expectations. ///// X xrayman I have wanted a Single Six in .22lr for a while. I got to fondle some kinda special edition at Appalachian Gun in Jasper and it just felt Right. Beautiful handgun

Went to Barrows in Butler the other day and they have quite a selection of 22s and anything else for that matter. The 2 that I found cool were the ruger mark iv lite and the lcr. If the LCR had been 22lr and the LCRx with the longer barrel it would have came home with me.
I’m really considering a 22 conversion for a Glock. I figure it will fit all off my holsters and I’m familiar with the way they work and maybe rimfire plinking will help center fire as well. Of course then I have to decide do I buy trade into another 19 so the grip angle hump etc remains the same or do I buy a conversion for 26 or 34 or 45 so I don’t have to buy another gun just the kit.

I brought a Taurus TX22 to the range along with 2 family members. Now, they both want a TX22. Can't say anything bad about it and it performed flawlessly.

Back
Top Bottom