• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite 22lr pistol?

Lot of good options. Plenty of variants in many of them depending on what you are wanting to do with it. Ruger Mk4 and S&W Victory ate at the top for target style guns. Tx22 is pretty well the new king for trainer.

You can go gucci, but for mainstream guns, the above mentioned are great

Accuracy- in order

High Standard 107
Smith Model 41
KelTec CP-33
Hammerli Trailside
Smith 422
Smith 17
H&R 939 Ultra Sidekick
Taurus TX 22
KelTec P17

I have multiples of the 422 and TX's.

TheGunDock.com
EDC12AE8-2CCA-415B-9093-EFADB100E376.jpeg

I had a CP33 for a while. Not my favorite. It fed decent, but was not practical for anything other than stand and shoot at the range. Kids found it awkward to hold and shoot as well. Novelty kinda gun IMO unless you brace it. I wouldn't mind finding a P17, but not paying $400 for a $200 gun.

On the other hand, I recently picked up both variations of the TX-22 which I have been absolutely pleased with. I'm up to around 1500 rounds in each one, with only one FTF on the standard and one FTE on the competition. Was not expecting a fixed barrel when looking at it, but it shoots very well and the trigger is amazing out of the box.

Have owned/shot several of the target style pistols and IMO the S&W 41 is the gold standard. Ruger rules the roost for aftermarket support, but S&W is slowly catching up since the release of the Victory. Browning is the forgotten stepchild but they make some fine shooters.

Come to think of it I don't think I've shot a .22 pistol I didn't find something I liked about it. They have that kind of youthful nostalgia to them.

Back
Top Bottom