• Desert camo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Ok...Tacos

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
To many tacticool fools out there.
Oh, ok. So basically, if the rifle and stock was designed for something other than just a hunting rifle, it's just a wall hanger for some mall ninja?

You do realize that most synthetic hunting stocks are less expensive than wood, right? You also realize that there are benefits to a carbon, composite, synthetic, etc stocks over wood, right? Like, less temperature sensitive, less moisture sensitive, and usually more rigid than wood. All are positives for shooters, even hunters.

Oh, ok. So basically, if the rifle and stock was designed for something other than just a hunting rifle, it's just a wall hanger for some mall ninja?

You do realize that most synthetic hunting stocks are less expensive than wood, right? You also realize that there are benefits to a carbon, composite, synthetic, etc stocks over wood, right? Like, less temperature sensitive, less moisture sensitive, and usually more rigid than wood. All are positives for shooters, even hunters.

Yes I do see the benefits. I don't have a problem with the other stocks and I realize the value in composite stock in a environment that would degrade a wooden stock rapidly. However the question was what is my favorite color. Mine happens to be natural God given wood. I do have guns with composite stocks but they just look plain jane. I have a slew of Ar 15's most are black but they don't lend themselves to wooden parts. I just think that the market has went a little crazy with the all black guns. When you walk up to a gun rack 95 percent of the guns you see are black. Stainless I don't have an issue with it's just all black guns that could be beautiful with wood on them. If I were in Alaska I would have a composite stock with stainless steel. However, Georgia is not a climate that will be hard on wood. I have had a Remington 700BDL that is over 35 years old and still looks brand new and it has had it's fair share of time in the woods. The pump rifle and the third up bolt guns are both over 40 years old and are still like new. The pump shotgun is over 50 years old and shoots like a dream.
20170818_182851.jpg

If black guns are your thing then more power to ya. I was just making a statement based on some guys I see wearing combat attire and carry a cannon on their hip. If this is you I apologize.

It's hard to travel and hunt a lot with a wood stock gun without scratches and dents happening. I love the look, but my primary hunting rifles are all synthetic stocks. Several have been painted camo (by me)

It's hard to travel and hunt a lot with a wood stock gun without scratches and dents happening. I love the look, but my primary hunting rifles are all synthetic stocks. Several have been painted camo (by me)
After God took Sunday off he created the hard case gun carrier. The beautiful piece of holy creation is the the answer to your travel problems.

Yes I do see the benefits. I don't have a problem with the other stocks and I realize the value in composite stock in a environment that would degrade a wooden stock rapidly. However the question was what is my favorite color. Mine happens to be natural God given wood. I do have guns with composite stocks but they just look plain jane. I have a slew of Ar 15's most are black but they don't lend themselves to wooden parts. I just think that the market has went a little crazy with the all black guns. When you walk up to a gun rack 95 percent of the guns you see are black. Stainless I don't have an issue with it's just all black guns that could be beautiful with wood on them. If I were in Alaska I would have a composite stock with stainless steel. However, Georgia is not a climate that will be hard on wood. I have had a Remington 700BDL that is over 35 years old and still looks brand new and it has had it's fair share of time in the woods. The pump rifle and the third up bolt guns are both over 40 years old and are still like new. The pump shotgun is over 50 years old and shoots like a dream.View attachment 1303398
I have those four exact guns. correct me if I am wrong. Marline lever 30-30, Remington BDL, Either a Winchester or Ted Williams pump shotgun ( same gun Winchester maid the Ted Williams line of shotguns for Sears ), and a Woods Master Pump 30-06. I saw that picture before it just didn't register. That's cool, a fellow wood worshiper.

Yes I do see the benefits. I don't have a problem with the other stocks and I realize the value in composite stock in a environment that would degrade a wooden stock rapidly. However the question was what is my favorite color. Mine happens to be natural God given wood. I do have guns with composite stocks but they just look plain jane. I have a slew of Ar 15's most are black but they don't lend themselves to wooden parts. I just think that the market has went a little crazy with the all black guns. When you walk up to a gun rack 95 percent of the guns you see are black. Stainless I don't have an issue with it's just all black guns that could be beautiful with wood on them. If I were in Alaska I would have a composite stock with stainless steel. However, Georgia is not a climate that will be hard on wood. I have had a Remington 700BDL that is over 35 years old and still looks brand new and it has had it's fair share of time in the woods. The pump rifle and the third up bolt guns are both over 40 years old and are still like new. The pump shotgun is over 50 years old and shoots like a dream.View attachment 1303398
No, the question was what was your favorite color on a synthetic/composite stock. Nothing about a wood stock was asked.....

Back
Top Bottom