• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite kitchen knife?

I picked up that knife at BLADE about 6-7 years ago, made by a fellow.....Todd Wielinski....It's simply a wonderful knife....when I put it in my hand....I knew it was the knife for me.....been using it ever since...carbon steel...a wonder on the cutting board!!! the company name is "True Saber"....he stopped making kitchen knives....go figure...
DSC00124.JPG
I got him, after begging for years to make me another....It's for backup!!!

I picked up that knife at BLADE about 6-7 years ago, made by a fellow.....Todd Wielinski....It's simply a wonderful knife....when I put it in my hand....I knew it was the knife for me.....been using it ever since...carbon steel...a wonder on the cutting board!!! the company name is "True Saber"....he stopped making kitchen knives....go figure...View attachment 5182147I got him, after begging for years to make me another....It's for backup!!!
Do you think he'd ever make more?

Do you think he'd ever make more?
I doubt it...he had some family issues, and restarted more in personal knives.....it took me a couple years of pleading....I think he just did it to shut me up....I bought 3....gave 2 away...1 left....they weren't cheap....but the best kitchen knife buy I ever made!!! It'll hold an edge for about a year....he offered "free sharpening" BUT after 1 trip, I decided to go local...too much trouble...the balance is unbelievable....weight perfect!! to hold is perfect....to use it is perfect....it's kinda perfect!! being carbon steel, I keep it "pickeled"....no rust issues!!!
you can find his work on line....google true saber....it'll pop up

I think I have more Victorinox than anything. I prefer buying one at a time over knife sets. Global Knife 8” chef’s knife is probably the only semi-fancy one that gets much use.

Back
Top Bottom