• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite Press?

Had a dillon 550 for years untill I got introduced to the Hornady Lock-N-Load. A much stronger press and a 5 holer. An RCBS Rock Chucker for single station.

I can't live with too much automation. Nothing progressive for me. I hate any press that cams over at the top of the stroke. It makes die adjustment unnecessarily tedious for me.

I've owned several presses over the years, and keep coming back to a Lee turret for the majority of my loading. I use the Classic Cast Turret without the auto advance feature. I still do each process in batches.

I use a Lee Classic Cast Breech Lock single stage for some rifle rounds, just because I like the feel of it. The breech lock feature with the lock ring eliminator is simply great. With the longer stroke of the Cast Turret press, there's really no justification for me to have the single stage, other than I like it.

I'd be satisfied with either of these two alone.

I can't live with too much automation. Nothing progressive for me. I hate any press that cams over at the top of the stroke. It makes die adjustment unnecessarily tedious for me.

I've owned several presses over the years, and keep coming back to a Lee turret for the majority of my loading. I use the Classic Cast Turret without the auto advance feature. I still do each process in batches.

I use a Lee Classic Cast Breech Lock single stage for some rifle rounds, just because I like the feel of it. The breech lock feature with the lock ring eliminator is simply great. With the longer stroke of the Cast Turret press, there's really no justification for me to have the single stage, other than I like it.

I'd be satisfied with either of these two alone.

Yea I would NEVER use a progressive with any rifle reload! I am way too particular with my rifle reloads. Good Choices!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom