Federal Automatch .22lr at Academy Sports vs Walmart

chubika

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
sh1t starter
22   0
Reaction score
Walmart price: $21.16 + tax
Academy Sports price: $29.99 + tax

Walmart always have these 325 round boxes in stock but there are some rumors going around that the ones at Academy are better quality, any idea?
20220810-204849.jpg

simple buying power. walmart can buy more and get a better price. thats just how the world works.
i can buy led headlights for motorcycles at my shop. they cast me (wholesale) about 50 bucks each. i can buy the same ones in a 2 pack at the parts store for 75 bucks. its not that one is better than the other. its just advance auto parts outnumber motorcycle shops. buy more,better price.

I would be interested to hear more about this. Walmart is big enough to get their own custom sku from a vendor. Do they have the same specs? Same appearance? Same exact box and labeling?

Walmart always have these 325 round boxes in stock but there are some rumors going around that the ones at Academy are better quality, any idea?
20220810-204849.jpg
You mean the same way Wal Mart sells reject guns that are lower quality than the ones at the LGS?

20220810-204849.jpg
Debating WalMart quality vs. Academy quality could break the internet

I would be interested to hear more about this. Walmart is big enough to get their own custom sku from a vendor. Do they have the same specs? Same appearance? Same exact box and labeling?

I highly doubt Federal would tarnish their own brand to sell an inadequate product when they can still sell their product for a premium during these times to other vendors.

I'm sure Walmart requests their own SKU due to the large amount of product they already carry & don't want any overlap in product barcodes for selling. They obviously buy enough to justify their own SKU on items they purchase & are able to pass the savings on to bring in shoppers to their stores to further their sales. Unlike gun shops they can't cut prices so much because the people walking through their doors already have an idea what they'll buy, they won't be picking up groceries, clothing, electronics, or daily living items. It all turns a profit when that person walk through the door.

And let's bear in mind that companies like Walmart will typically have supply contracts that stipulate deliery times, locations and a contract price. If they're buying ammunition on a contract signed years ago, their cost may not have changed, and unless something else caused them to revise the selling price, they're not aware that they're undercutting their competitors.

Back
Top Bottom