• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fedex, UPS rates

I haven't done it but I've seen on sites that I order from that they charge a Haz Mat fee though I don't know the actual numbers but I do remember not ordering what I looking at because of it...it was just as economical to buy it off the shelf in that particular case.

It's ORM-D. The box needs to be labeled as such, but there shouldn't be that "significant" of a fee associated with it. Palmetto state ships my ammo and the UPS is about 14 dollars. I use UPS Worldship everyday at work and for me to ship to them (non ORM-D) is about 9 bucks. So, assuming they don't mark-up freight, that's a 5 dollar fee. Hope that helps.

I did ship an item by FEDEX this past Monday..It cost me 2.30 more than it did to ship the same item to the same address 4 weeks ago.
The counter clerk told me it was fuel surcharge that may come into play with you.

It will very from week to week on the price that they will quote you. If fuel goes up , then your price will go up ! Man I love the freight business !!

Just pick up a few flat rate boxes to keep around the house. Then put the stuff in one and pack it well with lots of material to take up the empty room in the box. I dont see why I would have to be shipped any differently. I keep ammo in my truck 24/7. One has never cooked off or anything. I have shotgun shells in a military ammo box and have literally dropped it from 4 feet up. Nothing had ever gone off.

Just pick up a few flat rate boxes to keep around the house. Then put the stuff in one and pack it well with lots of material to take up the empty room in the box. I dont see why I would have to be shipped any differently. I keep ammo in my truck 24/7. One has never cooked off or anything. I have shotgun shells in a military ammo box and have literally dropped it from 4 feet up. Nothing had ever gone off.

You can't ship ammo via USPS.

Back
Top Bottom