• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feedback means nothing

Well, you are on the outside looking in.

I'm not going through the entire scenario and get accused of calling someone out without ever mentioning their name. I've been down that road before.

Why don't you start at the beginning, instead of the middle with your confusion?

So you were good to go with the scenario, until the point where I sent him a PM, (not a text), which was several hours after he ghosted, just before I left for the meet.
I gave him an option to meet me in Conyers, after he informed me that he would be in Conyers.

I didn't say he back out of a deal. I said he ghosted.

I didn't call anyone a crawfishing coward. You ever thought about being a moderator?

Reading/comprehension.
If you have a question, you should ask it instead of coming up with your own scenario.

Everyone looking at your rant is outside looking in my friend. I'm sure the other person has an entire different outlook on how it went down than you.

I see it how I read it. I do appologize I mistook you sending him a PM as a text. I'm not sure how that changes anything on how you painted the scenario but I'll give it to you.

Your responses to my opinion further insinuates how bad this guy got to you. I'm just saying relax. It probably won't be the last time if you continue on ODT.

Here is some advice you probably won't take. If you don't want objective opinions to your rants you should dissable your comments or not throw it out there at all. Save your self the frustration.

I have no hardfeelings againt you bud....

One more thought. I pesonally don't send funds in the mail, electronically etc.. and count on the other seller to ship until I have done atleast one ftf deal or it's something really cheap. To many scams going on these days. The ironic thing is the only some what legitimate source to determine whether you would ship would be your feedback in which you are claiming means nothing.

I would like to ask you an honest question. I have over 400 positive feedback. Would you send me money not knowing me and take my word I would ship? If so, was it my feedback that helped make the decision or are you just the gambling type? Feedback isn't everything but it does mean something.

Seriously not trying to bust you out OP. I just see a bunch of guys get so bent on here. There are a million flavors, opinions and view points. I've seen my fair share trust me.

Brush it off and have a great holiday OP!
I just paypaled a member $450 on friday and it arrived to day. I wouldnt do that with a new member. I will let someone else take that chance. When i do these types of deals i always leave feedback relating to the payment and shipment

Everyone looking at your rant is outside looking in my friend. I'm sure the other person has an entire different outlook on how it went down than you.

I see it how I read it. I do appologize I mistook you sending him a PM as a text. I'm not sure how that changes anything on how you painted the scenario but I'll give it to you.

Your responses to my opinion further insinuates how bad this guy got to you. I'm just saying relax. It probably won't be the last time if you continue on ODT.

Here is some advice you probably won't take. If you don't want objective opinions to your rants you should dissable your comments or not throw it out there at all. Save your self the frustration.

I have no hardfeelings againt you bud....

It's all good.

There were only 3 or 4 minutes between him sending me the PM about being in Conyers and me replying with the time and address. That's when he ghosted. You just don't expect that from established members, but there's all kinds.

Would you still like for me to ship you a firearm and you pay me with a bad check?:shocked::becky:

It's all good.

There were only 3 or 4 minutes between him sending me the PM about being in Conyers and me replying with the time and address. That's when he ghosted. You just don't expect that from established members, but there's all kinds.

Would you still like for me to ship you a firearm and you pay me with a bad check?:shocked::becky:

I would think you would wait for the check to clear before sending the gun. If not it seems like a huge risk with someone you don't know. I could send you a check I found in a trash can and send it to you. The address you send the gun to may not even be my address. I have a bud here on ODT that sent a check for Colt 6920 and was scamned. The guy had him send it to a vacant address with tracking, waited on the mail to be delivered and signed for it. Had it cashed with a fake ID and disappeared. Unfortunately it happens all the time.

I guess it gets back to why I piped up in the first place before the rabbit hole opened. The title of the thread that feedback is worthless. Unfortunately again it is the only accountability system we have on ODT but I do agree with you that high positive feedback doesn't mean someone is courteous or cares about their time more than others. There are some that should get bad feed back but play just enough by the ODT rules to not. Yeah..you guys know who you are! Lol

I think I might start my first rant! Ha!

I would think you would wait for the check to clear before sending the gun. If not it seems like a huge risk with someone you don't know. I could send you a check I found in a trash can and send it to you. The address you send the gun to may not even be my address. I have a bud here on ODT that sent a check for Colt 6920 and was scamned. The guy had him send it to a vacant address with tracking, waited on the mail to be delivered and signed for it. Had it cashed with a fake ID and disappeared. Unfortunately it happens all the time.

I guess it gets back to why I piped up in the first place before the rabbit hole opened. The title of the thread that feedback is worthless. Unfortunately again it is the only accountability system we have on ODT but I do agree with you that high positive feedback doesn't mean someone is courteous or cares about their time more than others. There are some that should get bad feed back but play just enough by the ODT rules to not. Yeah..you guys know who you are! Lol

I think I might start my first rant! Ha!

Ok, it's not worthless, but you had better be performing your "due diligence" lol

There are several members that should have more Negative FB, but it's up to the discretion of the Moderators.
Facts don't get in the way of feelings.

You give me the address to a vacant house, then just so happens, you also find a check with the same address as the vacant house....................see where we're headed.

I usually Google Map the addresses and see what the hood be looking like.

If I lost $500.00 due to someone swindling me out of it, I wouldn't have to file bankruptcy. I wouldn't be happy, but it definitely wouldn't be the end of the world.

I really don't think someone is going to retire screwing people out of $100.00 - $300.00 at a time on various websites.

If I were sending a handgun, it would be going to an FFL. If it was over $1000.00 it would be shipped to an FFL.

I would like to ask you an honest question. I have over 400 positive feedback. Would you send me money not knowing me and take my word I would ship? If so, was it my feedback that helped make the decision or are you just the gambling type? Feedback isn't everything but it does mean something.

I'll send you money. I've got your home address, you can bet your sweet bippy I've looked it up on Google to make sure it's a real place, I've looked your name up on Google and a couple of other platforms. Your feedback is a factor in how much research I feel compelled to do but it's not determinative.

Too many people here don't want to look out for themselves, then cry a river when something adverse happens.

In the interest of fair and accurate reporting, I did get hosed on a $25 knife that I sent a M.O. for. Did all of the above, it checked, then no response. He was banned before I could even post a negative feedback. Did some local inquiry, he was a meth head living in a mobile home on his mother's property, so records search and all looked good. Wasn't worth my time to pursue.

Back
Top Bottom