• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feedback wanted on "assault rifle" being used in ad titles .

Actually No gun is an "Assault Rifle" unless the owner id's it as such. "AR" is a made up term used to install fear/hate towards rifles with certain capabilities and features. So truly even full auto guns are not "AR".

"AR" was a term made up in the 80's and used mostly by the media. It just stuck and in this day and age "Gun" ppl know it to mean full auto, Non gun ppl know it to mean any rifle with certain features.

I don't get upset about semantics. AR's, AK's, M1A's battle rifles and carbines whether they be semi-auto or full-auto are made for killing people and I don't see the need to shy away from that.

I know someone will pop in and talk about how they hunt and Target practice and all they shoot is paper blah blah blah. Yes, they do all that super well too, they're great for sport, but ultimately they're made for killing and there's nothing wrong with that. We the people are the militia and we should be a lethal well armed force.

I have no interest in fighting over scraps of the second amendment anymore, it's all or nothing.

This will be used to close the "gunshow loophole".

Exhibit A:

Proof that machine guns are being sold without any kind of background checks.

Actually No gun is an "Assault Rifle" unless the owner id's it as such. "AR" is a made up term used to install fear/hate towards rifles with certain capabilities and features. So truly even full auto guns are not "AR".

"AR" was a term made up in the 80's and used mostly by the media. It just stuck and in this day and age "Gun" ppl know it to mean full auto, Non gun ppl know it to mean any rifle with certain features.
Historically 'AR' referred to Armalite rifle.

I don't get upset about semantics. AR's, AK's, M1A's battle rifles and carbines whether they be semi-auto or full-auto are made for killing people and I don't see the need to shy away from that.

I know someone will pop in and talk about how they hunt and Target practice and all they shoot is paper blah blah blah. Yes, they do all that super well too, they're great for sport, but ultimately they're made for killing and there's nothing wrong with that. We the people are the militia and we should be a lethal well armed force.

I have no interest in fighting over scraps of the second amendment anymore, it's all or nothing.

SCOTUS agreed with you in Miller v US.

The Govt agreed with you when they passed the Militia Act(s) of 1792.

I have yet to figure out where and when this collective right theory came about or from.

Back
Top Bottom