• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feedback. What is the significance of having to choose buyer, seller, or trader when leaving feedback?

I have wondered this for a while. Any time I have checked someone's feedback I have not once looked to see if they were the buyer, seller, or trader. Is there something I'm missing? I mean I guess if you looked at someone's feedback and dates and who left the feedback and what one or the other had posted at the time you could see how many guns John Doe bought and sold in a given period 🤔
I am curious as to tire kickers and how they are dealt with on the site. Had a guy give me this runaround and that runaround saying he was buying the .35 rem ammo I have, one excuse after another and then ghosts me.

It matters if there is a problem... I had a guy screw me over once and just because I gave him a bad review he then gave me a bad review just to be an a hole...... they removed the bad review on my part. It's just info for the moderators to used to make a call in a situation..

I look at both. Just bc someone's a good buyer doesn't mean they're a good seller or vice versa. But I only look at feedback if there's any negatives or red flags.

Less common around here, but I've seen folk join a forum/group buy a large quantity of cheap items to get their feedback number up, then list something high dollar and scam. If you break it down you can see if a new account has only bought, which could (but not always) be a red flag.

This is a bigger deal on shipped only places. Most of the negs around here are for no-shows and back-outters than true scammers

Back
Top Bottom