• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feedback. What is the significance of having to choose buyer, seller, or trader when leaving feedback?

Yotarockcrawler

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
176   0
Reaction score
I have wondered this for a while. Any time I have checked someone's feedback I have not once looked to see if they were the buyer, seller, or trader. Is there something I'm missing? I mean I guess if you looked at someone's feedback and dates and who left the feedback and what one or the other had posted at the time you could see how many guns John Doe bought and sold in a given period 🤔

I have wondered this for a while. Any time I have checked someone's feedback I have not once looked to see if they were the buyer, seller, or trader. Is there something I'm missing? I mean I guess if you looked at someone's feedback and dates and who left the feedback and what one or the other had posted at the time you could see how many guns John Doe bought and sold in a given period 🤔

Did you sell it, buy it, or trade it? It just lets others know if you were the buyer or the seller if it wasn't a trade. Some folks only trade, others mostly sell. And in no way does it tell you have many "guns" someone has bought; many trades and sales here are not even firearms related.

Did you sell it, buy it, or trade it? It just lets others know if you were the buyer or the seller if it wasn't a trade. Some folks only trade, others mostly sell. And in no way does it tell you have many "guns" someone has bought; many trades and sales here are not even firearms related.
Yep several of mine are for chickens. But, none for Cornish Hens... :rofl:

Yep several of mine are for chickens. But, none for Cornish Hens... :rofl:

Ducks, chickens, roosters and other livestock show up fairly regularly. I've also seen fresh manure/fertilizer of several varieties a few times. Goes right in line with the outdoors part.

I was not trying to stir the pot here just curious why it is needed. I too have bought, sold, and traded plenty of things on here other than guns (no chickens yet though, lol). I just know that every time I check someone's feedback I look at what the person said about the deal. I could care less if they sold something, bought something or traded.

I was not trying to stir the pot here just curious why it is needed. I too have bought, sold, and traded plenty of things on here other than guns (no chickens yet though, lol). I just know that every time I check someone's feedback I look at what the person said about the deal. I could care less if they sold something, bought something or traded.

I didn't take it as stirring the pot. From seeing things as a mod in reviewing feedback, I will say that some folks do just fine as a buyer; but may have issues when they're the seller (or vice versa). It's just another bit of info to look at.

Back
Top Bottom