• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feedback. What is the significance of having to choose buyer, seller, or trader when leaving feedback?

Interesting as I never really thought about it till now, but it really doesn’t contribute to the character of the individual. However doesn’t matter to me that it’s there

I’ve had several items given to me by folks on here and was unsure how I should l address feed back?

Good question. I checked the feedback I've received for giveaways and freebies I've done; several were listed as trader another they listed as buyer. I'd probably post it as trader if leaving feedback for a giveaway. You're really trading goodwill if you choose to give feedback for a giveaway or freebie.

I guess it can give an idea to a certain personality or habits of a person.

If someone is buying something from them they can look at their profile and see they have many sales to people that are happy with what they got.
If they’re just a buyer all the time and they’re selling something you
Can look back at their profile, see their content and find out that they’re flipping a rifle they just bought yesterday for say $300 less than they have it listed for today.

I think it can be a great tool for a shrewd buyer or seller that needs to look into the mind of the person they’re dealing with.

I can see Leo’s or even nefarious people using this tool to look into someone’s activity if they want to do some digging.

It can be good or bad depending on the situation.
Geez….I hope this doesent spark any butthurtfulness but it’s just common sense and I’ve used this tool many times to aid in My decision making process with certain people and items and people have done it to me many times.

For instance I just sold a toy to someone and a week later I had another member asking me a million questions about the toy.
The guy I sold it to told me he had a ton of plans for it and was gonna keep it for a while.
He upgraded it and the potential buyer was asking me alot of discerning questions pertaining to it prior to the new guy upgrading it.
I was More than happy to help to ensure the integrity of this forum.

I was not trying to stir the pot here just curious why it is needed. I too have bought, sold, and traded plenty of things on here other than guns (no chickens yet though, lol). I just know that every time I check someone's feedback I look at what the person said about the deal. I could care less if they sold something, bought something or traded.
Just follow the directions.Just sayin.

Just follow the directions.Just sayin.
Haha….I was just gonna list a rooster here today but found out the hard way I need to become a member to make a listing….I’m maxed out.
The only thing that ever held me back was I don’t do electronic money transfer apps…..I’m weird like that but that’s another whole topic.

If you prefer no details, just inform your trading party. Tell them exactly what you do/don’t want.
Tons of folks(if not everyone) would be more than happy to be just as vague or detailed as you wish.
I have done deals where the person I’ve dealt with wanted no fb at all. That is fine by me as well.
Most peeps are more than happy to accommodate.

I kind of like the distinction, it's a little like Ebay. Someone may be a great buyer, pays up front and in full, but selling can be a different story, especially when there is shipping involved (which is an option on this site). They may have left details out, not included something, taken too long to ship, etc. Vice versa, maybe someone is a good seller, but they are constantly low balling and haggling when it comes to buying, shorted someone money or something. I think it helps you know what you're getting into a little better.

Back
Top Bottom