• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feeding issues. Doesn't wanna eat.

Is that a .22lr conversion bolt in the 4th pic? Has this upper been used with the conversion? I've read that using the conversion kits can block a gas port from .22lr lead fouling.
It is. Cmmg .22lr conversation kit. I threw it in after trying to run .223 through it. The .22lr ran fine. 75 rounds 0 issue. The feed issues start before I put in the conversation kit in.

Judging by this pic, I'd say undergassed. Looks like the bolt didn't go far enough back to lip the cartridge but tried to push it from the middle.
JMHO.

1680358949113.png

It is. Cmmg .22lr conversation kit. I threw it in after trying to run .223 through it. The .22lr ran fine. 75 rounds 0 issue. The feed issues start before I put in the conversation kit in.

22lr conversion doesn't use the gas system, so it wouldn't tell you much. The leading thing is a thing, but usually clears with a round to two of 223 or 556 unless you put thousands of 22lr rounds through it.

Check and see if the gas block is loose. I fixed a friends Ruger with a loose gas block that was moving forward and wouldn't cycle at all. Ruger only put one screw in the glass block and it wasn't dimpled.
Gas block isn't loose or moving. And appears to be properly aligned

Back
Top Bottom