• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feinstein introduces Assault Weapons Ban

bWQVZ_.gif

This bill has been submitted quite a few times, and basically the only thing that changes is the year they put at the top. Even the list of exempted firearms is still titled "FIREARMS EXEMPTED BY THE 12 ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN OF 2017" in the bill. Think the PMR 30 would be included though since it looks like it defines an "assault pistol" as any pistol with a detachable magazine and one feature, like a threaded barrel.

It does have a threaded barrel but the manufacturer states that the threading is only for a flash suppressor and NOT for a silencer/suppressor - they don't recommend it because I suspect that it wouldn't cycle because of the added mass of a suppressor added to the sliding barrel which moves axially when reloading a cardridge.....I have a PMR30 and that's what the manual says.

It does have a threaded barrel but the manufacturer states that the threading is only for a flash suppressor and NOT for a silencer/suppressor - they don't recommend it because I suspect that it wouldn't cycle because of the added mass of a suppressor added to the sliding barrel which moves axially when reloading a cardridge.....I have a PMR30 and that's what the manual says.

Bill doesn't give a damn what it's used for, if a pistol can accept a detachable magazine and has a threaded barrel then it's an assault pistol.

What this bill does is make basically every semi-auto pistol in existence an assault pistol.

‘‘(D) A semiautomatic pistol that—
‘‘(i) has the capacity to utilize a magazine that is not a fixed magazine; and ‘‘(ii) does have any 1 of the following:
‘‘(I) A threaded barrel.
‘‘(II) A second pistol grip.
‘‘(III) A barrel shroud.
‘‘(IV) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
‘‘(V) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.
‘‘(VI) A manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when unloaded.
‘‘(VII) A stabilizing brace or similar component

Any candidate or representative who runs on a platform which includes the whittling away of or infringement of any of the constitutional rights should be immediately disqualified from running for office or dismissed from holding office if they have already been elected. Each elected official and those who are appointed each take an oath to support and defend the constitution, not whittle it away or undermine the very rights they have sworn or will swear to protect. They should also be charged accordingly for lying under oath and attempting to undermine the US Government - 5 U.S.C. 7311 clearly specifies it is a criminal violation for any member of Congress to advocate the overthrow of our constitutional form of government. The definition of the word “advocate” is to: “defend by argument before a tribunal or the public: support or recommend publicly.”

Back
Top Bottom