• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fellow buck slayers lets see em from past to present.

I officially hate you now.....:boink:.
Just kidding, that’s a great buck and a trip that I plan to make one day. I’m sure it was an awesome experience.
Which outfitter did you use?

Haha... it’s all good. It was a blessing to get to go up there. Just a beautiful part of God’s creation! I would recommend anyone go if they get the opportunity.

We went with Buck Country Outfitters. They are top of the chart for sure. Great hospitality, great accommodations, great food and great people!

Haha... it’s all good. It was a blessing to get to go up there. Just a beautiful part of God’s creation! I would recommend anyone go if they get the opportunity.

We went with Buck Country Outfitters. They are top of the chart for sure. Great hospitality, great accommodations, great food and great people!
Thanks. Did you do all day sits on stand?

This season was good to me
20181103_114034.jpg
20181104_111738.jpg

Well if the shoe fits.......

Haha...Hell yeah man! You tell 'em!
WOW! There are some serious big buck slayers on ODT. Very impressive! :shocked:

No kidding! There are plenty of good bucks in Georgia too. Looking at various Ga hunting sites on social media shows just how good it is here. It ain't the midwest, but it's a good southern state. Man I've seen children posing in pics with 140" -150" bucks. Several of them! Plenty of women out there tagging some whoppers too...

Honestly, I hope my son doesn't bag a monster while he is very young. I would rather him pay some dues and earn it, and in turn learn to really appreciate taking a big buck. I'm afraid those really young kids taking big bucks will burn out fast, feeling like they have already achieved their goal. And just like that, I'm off topic. Lol

No kidding! There are plenty of good bucks in Georgia too. Looking at various Ga hunting sites on social media shows just how good it is here. It ain't the midwest, but it's a good southern state. Man I've seen children posing in pics with 140" -150" bucks. Several of them! Plenty of women out there tagging some whoppers too...

Honestly, I hope my son doesn't bag a monster while he is very young. I would rather him pay some dues and earn it, and in turn learn to really appreciate taking a big buck. I'm afraid those really young kids taking big bucks will burn out fast, feeling like they have already achieved their goal. And just like that, I'm off topic. Lol
The third deer I killed was a trophy quality buck. It took decades to get my next trophy buck. I learned to appreciate that first one a lot more through time. LOL!

I think the "four point or better on a side" for the second buck law is really starting to pay off in the quality of bucks we are seeing.

It took 3 seasons of hunting almost every weekend of the season before I got my first "good" buck that I got this season. I have to say I'm thankful my first buck was a small 6, but I'm glad I hadn't shot a big nice deer back then. My cousin shot a big deer over 10 years ago and hasn't killed another buck since because it wasn't going to be as big as the last one he shot, that last one he shot was his first and only buck, and he hunts every weekend of the season. Start low and grow. But doesn't mean shoot dinks all your hunting career.

I agree 100%. Im a prime example on how I believe hunting should be. My first deer was a spike at age 11. My bucks have steady gotten bigger until now im 28 and ive finally killed my biggest buck yet. I also honed my tactics in all these years to help my chances. I always said there’s no fairness in hunting its just right place, right time. It always did turn my stomach to see some 9 year old holding up a buck most hunters will never get a chance to shoot. I don’t fault them for shooting it hell I wouldve too but as you said they may burn out on not seeing anything that big afterwards.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom