• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feral pig behavior

summertime, no fat on it and meat will be stringy as heck.Kinda taste like excelsior.Need to get around a hunnert.

I dont have any experience with hogs but I really want to hunt them. I might try to find a place around here this year. They are starting to move onto Fort Gordon but there are very few right now.

I have never seen a feral pig alive. I've spent thousands of hours out in the hunting areas on Fort Gordon and never saw one. A buddy of mine has killed a couple between grovetown and martinez.

Thanks. I have known several people to get permits for the Corps of Engineers land off 221 near Appling.

When building my Cabin, I had one on 52 about a half mile down my Mountain, standing in the middle of the road. Large 200lb + Boar that was pissed and bleeding. A lady was in her truck at the entrance to her driveway just looking..I stopped and she hollered out, that her husband had shot it on his front yard..I told her she needs to get her husband and finish the job...She said he was to scared to, well I tried to herd it off the road with my truck..It hit my front bumper, I had an emergency and just shot it with my duty weapon, pulled it off the road and called the county to come pick it up.. Wish I could have harvest that one..

Back
Top Bottom