• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Few hours in Mexico

I think every US citizen should be required to visit a third-world country. It makes you appreciate what you have. Of course Mexico is a light version. Go to Iraq or Haiti if you really want to be homesick.

Basrah Iraq. All of the canals there look similar to this one. Lined with HUGE rats and dead things floating around. That lump in the lower right corner was a donkey.
Part 4 IRAQ 012.JPG

I didn't take many photos in Haiti simply because I was in charge of 200 soldiers. Plus I was in a terrible mood and sleep deprived the entire deployment. Here's a video from Liveleak taken just a few days ago.
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sroiG_1542757895

Nuevo Progreso I was down in South Texas visiting and we crossed for a few hours.

We crossed over into Nuevo Progresso when my youngest daughter was <2 years old. My sister in law lived in the McAllen/Mission area and we'd visit every year. It was always a good time and I snicker at the guys who are doom and gloom when it comes to Mexico. Yeah it's a 3rd world country but it's not as bad as some areas here in the states.

Back
Top Bottom