• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ffl dealer selling used firearms without 4473

Every flea market in the South has a least one booth where some guy is selling guns, and has been doing so for years.

The only locally that has ever gotten busted was one where the undercover agent told the seller that he had a buddy who had just got out of prison and needed a gun, seller told them to meet him at his house, and he proceeded with sale to an actual felon while the ATF agent watched.

Even so, the seller was only charged with selling to a felon, not being an illegal dealer. The proof to show that someone meets the legal definition is too involved, and too time consuming for ATF when there is so much other low hanging fruit.
Well that guy that sold it probably got the dumazz of the day award for that area. 🤷‍♂️

Every flea market in the South has a least one booth where some guy is selling guns, and has been doing so for years.

The only locally that has ever gotten busted was one where the undercover agent told the seller that he had a buddy who had just got out of prison and needed a gun, seller told them to meet him at his house, and he proceeded with sale to an actual felon while the ATF agent watched.

Even so, the seller was only charged with selling to a felon, not being an illegal dealer. The proof to show that someone meets the legal definition is too involved, and too time consuming for ATF when there is so much other low hanging fruit.
Never ever sell it to the felon. That’s why it’s always important to check their background

Never post about it on the internet ...instant flag... :)
I was just curious if ffl dealers have any restriction on selling “personal” firearms not the ones on the book. I don’t think atf will involve on my post that deep since it’s simple and not very controversial.

Never ever sell it to the felon. That’s why it’s always important to check their background
Well I just say, you must be legally allowed to own a firearm. That’s on them if not. All I can do is be totally honest and expect the same from them.

I don’t know what would happen if you sold a pistol to a felon and he did his typical stupid thing. Would you be in trouble if ya didn’t know with current laws where you can sell a firearm in the local Kroger parking lot. Legally ???

That's why the ATF got them to change the requirements in the 'bipartisan' gun bill that just passed a few weeks ago.

Before they had to prove you intended to 'make a livelihood' by selling guns, whether you made a profit or not.

Now they just have to prove you had an intent to profit from a sale. No number given so could be a low as 1.

Well I just say, you must be legally allowed to own a firearm. That’s on them if not. All I can do is be totally honest and expect the same from them.

I don’t know what would happen if you sold a pistol to a felon and he did his typical stupid thing. Would you be in trouble if ya didn’t know with current laws where you can sell a firearm in the local Kroger parking lot. Legally ???
I personally check their criminal record through the phone number to make extra sure that he’s not a felon, and of course there’s so many odd numbers could happen even though the buyer isn’t a criminal.

Hey man, I got a buddy who just got out of prison!! Would be all I need to hear.😴😴😴
Of course the ATF agent taped the conversation, and that's exactly how it went down. No subterfuge, no deception.

And the fact that seller wouldn't complete the sale at his booth at the flea market, but insisted they meet him at his house.

Yes, a serious case of dumazzery.

Back
Top Bottom