• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FFL Home-based business?

2jackrussell

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
29   0
Reaction score
I am approaching retirement and had considered trying to get a FFL. Not interested in having a gun shop, but would like to be able to buy guns and ammo at discount and online, and perhaps do transfers for friends. I have heard that it is more difficult to get a FFL unless have a place of business. Anyone gone through the process and were you successful in getting the FFL? Is it worth the trouble and hassle? Pm if you do not want to discuss in forum. Thanks for any input you may have.

Interested in hearing responses on this one.
I wanted an FFL after I got out of the Marine Corps (some 17+ years ago) for similar reasons you have but never pursued it. Just didn't care for the "open door policy" you relinquish to the feds after you're on board.

i dont know all the details but from what i understand its not that easy, there are lots of criteria you have to meet. i think there are other licenses as well as insurance and stuff.

I figure if it were easy everyone would do it to buy cheap guns

i was always under the understanding that you must have a place of business for customers in order to receive an ffl. they dont just give them to individuals. last time i researched, again you had to have a store which is where it gets complicated with all the business licenses, permits, all that jazz.

needed-- buiseness licence- insurence -alarms and security system and a safe large enough to hold all guns on the property. It costs $300.00 for a three year licence. and yes you have to jump through hoops of fire, fed reps will come to inspect the place you plan to do business. Also you will need a ffl book to keep up with all gun information.

needed-- buiseness licence- insurence -alarms and security system and a safe large enough to hold all guns on the property. It costs $300.00 for a three year licence. and yes you have to jump through hoops of fire, fed reps will come to inspect the place you plan to do business. Also you will need a ffl book to keep up with all gun information.

Yep- From what I understand, they show up every once in a while to check out your place of business, even if it is your home. Also, you had better never, ever lose that book (or have it stolen,) you will be in a world of hurt.

If you go to your local atf office you can meet with an inspector who will help you get setup to standards. Last time I met with one they were cool as heck.

Back
Top Bottom